Taking A Michael's Cake Decorating Class Tonight

Baking By HeidiCrumbs Updated 4 Feb 2009 , 10:01pm by 7yyrt

HeidiCrumbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HeidiCrumbs Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 9:59pm
post #1 of 8

Hi!

Tonight my mom and I are taking the Wilton 1 cake decorating class and I'm so excited! I really need practice with my lines, dots and especially writing, it's a mess! The teacher said that even though I do cookies it will cover the same concepts. It meets every Tuesday in February from 6-8 pm.

Has anybody taken this class or any class like it?

7 replies
yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 10:07pm
post #2 of 8

I haven't taken the class-have all of the books though. Would love to hear what you think of the class. Keep us posted, please..... icon_biggrin.gif

aggiechef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aggiechef Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 10:07pm
post #3 of 8

I had a lot of fun in my class 1. My best friend and I took it together and had a blast. I finished course 3 in November, but I'm going to take it again because I missed the final class due to Thanksgiving. After that, it's on to fondant and gumpaste. I hope ya'll have loads of fun. icon_smile.gif

sweetideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 10:08pm
post #4 of 8

I took them, and they were a blast! Very addictive. I also bought TONS of wilton product that I have buyers remorse over now...that's another story, though! icon_smile.gif It's great fun and I enjoyed buying everything I could that was cake related that Michael's sold (they loved me!). Have fun!!

jer702 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jer702 Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 10:11pm
post #5 of 8

I've taken courses 1 and 2 and due to scheduling will be taking Fondant and gumpaste starting tonight. I will definately take course 3 once i'm finished with this class. I love every second of it and always look forward to the next class. Good luck and have a blast.

HeidiCrumbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HeidiCrumbs Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 2:54am
post #6 of 8

Oh it was so FUN! It really is a great big advertisement for Wilton though, lol, but whatever! Next class we have to bring three different consistency frostings to use for different techniques. I am soooo looking forward to it. It's too bad though that in the first course you don't get into RI, I was hoping we would just do basics, but that's just more motivation for me to take the second course after this one!

Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 3:10am
post #7 of 8

Definitely don't stop! I loved Course I, II, III, and gumpaste that Wilton offered. Helped me a lot but being here with all the fellow CC'ers helped me even more, I don't regret one penny!!! (Except for that little roller thing from Wilton!)

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 10:01pm
post #8 of 8

I took courses 1 and 2 with my daughter. We had a wonderful time!

I realized the very second class that I had been making my icing the wrong thickness for years! As soon as she showed me what it should be like, many of my problems disappeared.
I couldn't get the darn rose, and my teacher just grabbed my hand and held it at the right angle. I love making roses now.

I'd love to take classes all the time, it was so nice being inspired by the others there.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%