Princess Tiara

Decorating By cakesbygrandma Updated 3 Feb 2009 , 4:17pm by tnt320to

cakesbygrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbygrandma Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 3:39pm
post #1 of 4

I want to attempt a tiara for my granddaughters fancy nancy cake. I am going to try it this coming weekend. Is it easier to use royal icing or melted white chocolate. All the advise on this would be greatly apprecited Her birthday is not till the end of the month but I know I need the practice. She loves white chocolate. Thanks in advance for all your help.

3 replies
Shannie13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shannie13 Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 3:58pm
post #2 of 4

Hey there,
I am far from an expert on this but I was successful on my first and second attempt (didn't need anymore than that). What I did was to design my pattern on a piece of white paper, then cover that with wax paper (which I thought would be easier to have the designed removed from), on my second attempt I covered the wax paper in plastic wrap....so much easier to remove. I taped my design to a glass bowl that had the correct shape I needed and I piped royal icing along my design very thinly to get the outline of what I wanted. I let that dry then I piped over a little more generously, on my third pass I piped again with a generous amount. In the end, I didn't use the tiara on the cake, my daughter decided a witch instead of a princess, but it was worth it to try the process. Give yourself a bit of time too, you want your tiara to completely dry.
Best of luck
Shannie

creations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
creations Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 4:12pm
post #3 of 4

hi , i did a tiara for a little girl and its best to do this aleast 1 week in advance to let it dry completely (royal icing) you need to do aleast 3 layers (letting one layer dry at a time ) then when the time comes u can do anything with the melted chocolate, its a timly thing but if well the effort , good luck practice makes perfect

tnt320to Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tnt320to Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 4:17pm
post #4 of 4

Hi! I have only tried mine with gumpaste. Do just as above and make your outline (or print from template section), cover with wax paper and attach to something round (I use a Crisco can). Roll out thin snakes of gumpaste or use an extruder and follow your design using water a glue. It can then be painted with alcohol/color mixture or luster dust. I'll try to attach a picture of one I made.
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%