Are These Letters Royal Icing Or Gum Paste?

Decorating By loriemoms Updated 2 Feb 2009 , 10:27pm by loriemoms

loriemoms Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 9:52pm
post #1 of 3

To me they look like royal icing, but I am afraid they will break. I was thinking more of doing like rolled gum paste...what do you think?

2 replies
BlakesCakes Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 10:04pm
post #2 of 3

They're rolled/extruded fondant/gum paste/50-50, formed and allowed to dry hard and then attached to the cake.


loriemoms Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 10:27pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks! That is what I was planning on doing...50 50 is a good idea, less brittle..

Quote by @%username% on %date%