Need A Good Sugar Free Recipe

Baking By rocketmom1985 Updated 31 Jan 2009 , 6:59pm by ski

rocketmom1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rocketmom1985 Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 2:07am
post #1 of 2

after searching the forums for a good sf cake recipe, I found Sugarshack's chocolate cake...looks like it will work for me...

however....I need a frosting that can sit out for a bit...I have promised to make two cakes for our park's craft sale where cake slices will be sold to the public.

I did a search but the choices are a bit slim for frostings...the splenda site has many recipes however some do contain sugar which I don't want to use at all since they specifically said sugarfree.

Any ideas? I wonder if the mock bettercreme recipe (the one with the flour/milk thickened and added to sugar/shortening or butter mixture) would work? Has anyone made this recipe using splenda?

TIA

1 reply
ski Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ski Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 6:59pm
post #2 of 2

When I make diabetic type cakes I always use sugar free instant pudding with just enough milk to get the consistency you want. I also use non dairy (bettercreme) with SFIP as the guidelines for acceptable carbs etc is 20g. If you do use Splenda I would recommend the brown sugar Splenda, as it doesn't leave the nasty aftertaste. The ration for BS Splenda is 1/2 c. to every 1 c. of regular sugar. The results really are tasty! Good Luck icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%