Storing Cupcakes

Decorating By BigRed500 Updated 30 Jan 2009 , 4:41am by SpoonfulofSugar

BigRed500 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BigRed500 Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 3:19am
post #1 of 8

Hello All!

I'm a beginner and only make cakes for family and friends. Somehow I've found myself agreeing to do my SIL's sister's wedding cupcakes, EEK! I've already done a trial batch to show the bride to make sure she knows what she's getting. She really likes them, I'm not 100% so I'll continue to tweek them and practice. I'll be making approx. 120 cupcakes, I plan to bake them and decorate them the day before the wedding (Just a swirl of bc with a chocolate transfer flower and leaf (done earlier in the week)) Is it okay to store them overnight in the fridge, if so, do they need to be in an airtight container? I have been thinking of baking the cupcakes earlier in the week and freezing them, and then decorating the day of, but not sure if I'll have enough time. Any help, ideas, advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Lisa

7 replies
SpoonfulofSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpoonfulofSugar Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 3:33am
post #2 of 8

Hi Lisa! I just put some cupcakes in the freezer. You can freeze them over night....I just put them in an airtight food storage container and add a layer of plastic wrap between each layer. Rather than putting them in the fridge I recommend the freezer.....they will become moister. Hope this helps!

BigRed500 Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 4:01am
post #3 of 8

Thank you Spoonful of Sugar, when you put your cupcakes in the freezer are they already decorated?

SpoonfulofSugar Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 4:17am
post #4 of 8

I don't decorate them first....just plain cupcakes....I take them out of the freezer and then decorate.....they always turn out moist and not dry

BigRed500 Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 4:20am
post #5 of 8

Thanks very much for your help!

SpringFlour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpringFlour Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 4:31am
post #6 of 8

I also freeze my naked cupcakes. Just a tip, though: make sure you let them come to room temp before you frost!

BigRed500 Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 4:36am
post #7 of 8

When letting them come to room temp. are there any problems with moisture and the cupcake liner coming off?
Thanks in advance,
Lisa

SpoonfulofSugar Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 4:41am
post #8 of 8

that's right with any cake let it come to room temp....the liner never comes off of mine

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%