Radio Commercial Help

Business By sambugjoebear Updated 30 Jan 2009 , 2:16pm by sambugjoebear

sambugjoebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sambugjoebear Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 1:09pm
post #1 of 5

I have recently signed up as a vendor for a bridal show that is hosted by a local radio station. One of the perks is that with my table/booth fee I get so many radio commercials. There is a lady from the station meeting with me today in 2 hours and she wants to know what information I want in it. She said to make it 65 words or less. Anyone have any idea what info I should include?

Any tips/ideas for the bridal show would be appreciated too since this is my very first one. icon_smile.gif I have searched the forums for bridal show info and I got some ideas, just wondering if there were more out there. icon_smile.gif Thanks!

4 replies
-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 7:04pm
post #2 of 5

Kind of difficult, since cakes are so visual. I would suggest having a special offer or something to get people to look at your website or call you so you can show them what you do.

(Just as a heads-up - if you haven't already, I'd ask what time of day your ad will run. It's not going to attract much attention at 3am.)

Hope the show goes well!

cakesbyjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjen Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 11:13pm
post #3 of 5

i think you might've already had the meeting, but i would tell people what make you "different" are you extra good at classic wedding cakes? do you have a new twist to "modern" cakes? then go from there... just make yourself sound different from a bakery or a cake shop...

what show are you doing? i know ohio is big but i figure i'd ask...

snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 3:52am
post #4 of 5

Usually the ad department at the radio station will "do" the creative for you. Ours tried to, but they stunk. If you are advertising your wedding cakes, you should have a tag line... we use " because once in a lifetime days deserve once in a lifetime desserts.." and then explain why your cakes are so special.

sambugjoebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sambugjoebear Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 2:16pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the responses, but the meeting is done and gone already. The person I met with was very patient with me and asked me easy questions that I could answer. She was impressed that I make everything from scratch. Good sign icon_wink.gif lol

As for location, cakesbyjen, it is going to be in St. Henry on Feb. 8th. From what the person I am working with was saying, there's going to be a really good turn out. The radio station who is sponsoring it has sold out of tickets, all of the vendor booths were sold (I took the last spot!), and there will be additional ticket sales at the door (which apparantly gets most of the sales). I'm nervous and excited. Somehow I have to bake a birthday cake for a friends order for Saturday, bake samples for the show, build cake dummies for the show, print business cards, find places to stash everything, and keep my 2 toddlers away from everything and underfoot. LOL All in one weeks time. I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

My DH is very supportive of me, I'm very lucky. icon_smile.gif I'm glad he realizes how much work this is going to be- he's the one that said, "Next week is going to be hell, isn't it?" I looked him straight in the eye and said, "Yep."

Breathe Sam..just breathe...

Ok. I'm done writing my novella. icon_smile.gif Thanks for being my sounding board!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%