Taste Of Mmf

Decorating By theresa8909 Updated 29 Jan 2009 , 12:50pm by sugarwishes

theresa8909 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresa8909 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 6:49pm
post #1 of 10

hello to all you wonderfull decoraters i am kinda new at the forums so please bare with me if I ask a stupid ? anyways I was wondering how everyone feels about the taste of MMF I mean when you do a cake with it does anyone ever say OMG the icing is awful, I have only done 1 cake with it and i couldnt even try to taste it with the cake my niece was like yuk and spit out the icing but loved the cake in general icon_sad.gificon_sad.gif

9 replies
alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 7:28pm
post #2 of 10

I have made MMF before. I have nly covered 1 cake with it and I didnt get that reaction at all. I also make my decorations for cakes in MMF and every one loves them.

Mind telling me how your making it?

theresa8909 Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 3:21am
post #3 of 10

thank you for your reply I have only made it once and I thought I did everything it said to, it was just basic ps,m,and maybe van i cant remember what do you make? I have tryed the wilton store bought kind and that is 100x's worse I think it was very bland

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 3:28am
post #4 of 10

I have made many many cakes with MMF. It to me does not taste awful! You get some that like it and some that don't. It may be a texture thing too. It is a thicker icing and something that most people are just not used to eating.

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 3:36am
post #5 of 10

Try Rhonda's Ultimate MMF. It's a very good recipe to work with and it tastes better than most. MMF basically just tastes like sugar. I add a ton of butter flavor to mine and it helps make it taste more like buttercream. I dont mind it, most people eat it, but there will always be a few that don't.

Margieluvstobake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Margieluvstobake Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 3:38am
post #6 of 10

I just made a cake with the MMF recipe on this site this past weekend for my sister's birthday. I had only made one cake before with fondant and I used the Wilton for that one. The Wilton fondant really tasted bad and I was afraid the MMF wouldn't taste much better, but I was very surprised at the taste. Everyone that ate the cake said the fondant was good and I liked the taste also. I will be making it again. icon_smile.gif

imakecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imakecakes Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 3:53am
post #7 of 10

To describe MMF to people, I say.... it tastes like the old fashioned "Circus Peanut" candy. If they don't know what that is, I say it's kinda like the marshmallows that they put in cereals like Lucky Charms. Chocolate MMF tastes like tootsie rolls but not quite as chewy.

Some love it, some don't touch it, most will at least nibble it. It's a bell curve.

theresa8909 Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 11:38am
post #8 of 10

Thanks I will be trying it again, My 2 yr old love's it she want's it right out of the bag (must be the sugar buzz she likes) One more thing how do you get it to look shiny um (not the dust) my looked very dull I guess that how you would say it. But anyways all the cakes on here are just AWESOME you guys are gifted..

suzylynn58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzylynn58 Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 12:01pm
post #9 of 10

While you are experimenting with fondant recipes, you HAVE to try Michele Foster's. It is so good, has a great texture and is so easy to work with. Every customer I have had that says fondant tastes bad has sampled this and ordered fondant 100% of the time. They love it!

It is definitely worth a try.

sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 12:50pm
post #10 of 10

It's not a "stupid question" and I think you should read this:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=614782&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=newbies&&start=0

I personally don't like mmf, but I generally don't like marshmallows. There are so many other fondants you can make that I think taste much better. I use Satin Ice, but if I'm gonna make it, the only one I like is white chocolate fondant. It's considered more like a candy clay, but it works the same as fondant and tastes so delicious!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%