Wording Ideas

Decorating By mirda6275 Updated 31 Jan 2009 , 12:55am by KPCakes

mirda6275 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mirda6275 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 4:04am
post #1 of 5

I was browsing at my local cake store and saw a book that had lots of ideas for wording on cakes for various occasions. Not sure if it's necessary or if there's another place I can find a bank of ideas like that for when I'm not sure what to put on a cake.

TIA

4 replies
meli617 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meli617 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 4:40am
post #2 of 5

Well what is the occasion?

mirda6275 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mirda6275 Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 3:13am
post #3 of 5

my current wording idea is for a baby shower. I'm thinking about doing baby feet on the cake, but wasn't sure about what to write. It's for my supervisor @ work.

In general, just wondering if there's a bank of ideas for any occasion that exists for free access.

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 12:45am
post #4 of 5

Not sure about the bank of ideas. I've had a lot of good reactions with a certain message on baby cakes. This only works though if the mother doesn't know the sex yet.

"Which will it be? A he or a she?"

For an adoption: "I was picked!" and have a little baby sleeping in a flower.

Just on a whim I googled "baby shower cake messages" and got this:

http://www.babyshowerscentral.com/cakesayings.shtml

Good luck!

KPCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KPCakes Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 12:55am
post #5 of 5

I am so tired of the traditional phrases... - anyone have idea's or website for a birthday phrase for a women turning 40. I have a cake order for a book club (not your typical grandmother's book club). I either have thought too much about or it's the fact I am over 40. I make a "book" cake and looking for a funny phrase. Any ideas?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%