Mailing Cookies--Help!

Baking By CakeDiane Updated 27 Jan 2009 , 11:33pm by CakeDiane

CakeDiane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiane Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 12:53pm
post #1 of 9

Can you guys tell me the best way to package up cookies to send through the mail? Any tips would be appreciated--I don't know where to start! (The cookies are sugar cookies decorated to look like oscars for my cousin's oscar party...)

Thanks!!!!!

8 replies
lainalee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lainalee Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 1:07pm
post #2 of 9

How to Package & Ship Cookie Bouquets is a tutorial on the bottom of the home page. I followed their directions and sent a bouquet across state and they were perfect upon arrival. This will work with any type of cookies though not just bouquets.

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 1:12pm
post #3 of 9

I usually ship cookies in two boxes. One holds the cookies, single layers between bubble wrap and a piece of cardboard to stabilize, and then that box packed in packaging materials(peanuts, shred, paper, etc...) in the outer box. I have shipped successfully this way.

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 2:04pm
post #4 of 9

I individually bubble wrap mine and put them snuggly in a box. I then put that one inside of a large box and put peanuts around it. For cookies that might snap due to the design (tall and not wide), I will either put a piece of cakeboard in the cello itself with two layers parchment paper between the cookie and cakebaord (so the butter doesn't stain the cakeboard) or I will put a piece of cardboard behind the wrapped cookie and then wrap it all in plastic wrap. I don't know if your Oscar cookies are the exact Oscar shape, but breakage might be an issue if they are tall and thin like the statue. I recently did wine bottles that were over 7" tall and had to the the cakeboard in with the bag to protect them from snapping. Be sure to post your pics - they sound cute!

CakeDiane Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 6:15pm
post #5 of 9

Thanks for your help everyone!!

Tracy, yes they are shaped like the oscar--tall and thin, so thanks for the tips about wrapping that shape with cardboard...that's very helpful!

icon_biggrin.gif

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 8:34pm
post #6 of 9

Glad that helped! You certainly don't want those to break! icon_biggrin.gif

mis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mis Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 8:47pm
post #7 of 9

I had shipped twice to Mexico and the first shipment only 2 broke and the second shipment none broke out of 3 dozens. I used an aluminum cake pan with the clear lid to pack the cookies in. I layered them with tissue paper about a dozen per layer. The second shipment I put much more tissue paper in the container. Then I taped the lid on and made sure the lid was all taped up on all sides ans put it in a box a little bigger (just enough for the cookie container to fit) then I put white stuffing "stuff" around the cookies to pack it in. Hope that made sense. icon_biggrin.gif

Dizzymaiden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dizzymaiden Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 9:00pm
post #8 of 9

I just shipped 24 hearts and lip sugar cookies in a glass jar - crossing my fingers it will get there ok. I put lots of bubble wrap and fun shredded paper.

CakeDiane Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 11:33pm
post #9 of 9

Ooh, that aluminum pan idea is great! And Dizzymaiden, please let me know if those cookies made it OK in the glass jar--will you be hearing from the person you mailed them to?

Thanks everyone!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%