What Kind Of Clay Extruder Do U Use?

Decorating By dcabrera Updated 27 Jan 2009 , 7:17pm by likitiki

dcabrera Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dcabrera Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 11:29pm
post #1 of 7

I've been wanting to buy one for a while, but don't know where to start. I want it for making fondant borders, letters etc. Any suggestions?

6 replies
BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 12:59am
post #2 of 7

Makins Ultimate Clay Extruder-=--long light green metal tube with a "T" twist handle. I swear by it and won't use any other.

HTH
Rae

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 1:05am
post #3 of 7

Mine is the same as Rae's (BlakesCakes.) LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 6:45am
post #4 of 7

I'll third that. It's awesome! They used to sell it at Michael's and JoAnn but I can't find it anymore, and have seen several threads indicating the same. I think some people were still finding it at Hobby Lobby but that was forever ago (and irrelevant since you're in L.A.). I bought mine at polyclayplay.com; at the time (about 8 months ago) she had the best price including shipping, but I don't know if her prices have changed since then.

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 9:18am
post #5 of 7

I also use the same one as everyone else here...I LOVE it more, now that I've started loading from the bottom and not the top, where I had to jiggle out the pusher over and over.

Here's what it looks like...http://www.theclaystore.com/pages-productinfo-category-97-product-745/makins-professional-ultimate-clay-extruder.html

I love all the different discs...I used it to make the cakeboard and face mask in my little avatar photo...would not have worked without it.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 1:32pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakesCakes

Makins Ultimate Clay Extruder-=--long light green metal tube with a "T" twist handle. I swear by it and won't use any other.

HTH
Rae

Same here. I love it.. it's so easy to clean up and does a great job!

likitiki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
likitiki Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 7:17pm
post #7 of 7

I just bought one last week at Hobby Lobby here in TN. They had several more in stock along with many other items by the same company. Also, I was able to purchase it 40% off with a coupon. Look for one of the coupons and you can get a deal!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%