Comment About Sugarshack Video........

Decorating By Justbeck101 Updated 30 Jan 2009 , 8:00pm by Dinny2222

kbak37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbak37 Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 4:27pm
post #31 of 37

I bought my mat at AETCO online. Same one. HTH!

kbak37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbak37 Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 4:33pm
post #32 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillywabbitz

Just wanted to Chime in my own thanks to Sugarshack. I bought the Buttercream and stacking DVDs. Watched once and several months later wasn't paying attention and had all sorts of problems. Rewatched the video yestarday and came out with my first truly stable, no bulge really smooth cake ...not quite Sharon smooth but a huge improvement for me.

I can't wait to order Boxes and Bows...and the Design Gallery. At first I thought...I don't need Design Gallery because I can look through cake central and get ideas but trust me if ya'll are thinking the same thing I'm pretty sure we are all wrong. I watched the snippit of Design Gallery on her website and I already learned 3 new things just from the little snipit. I can't wait to see the whole thing.

Ok, It's official I'm a SugarShack groupie!!!! Oh and Sharon I am awaiting the Whimsical Cakes DVD with bated breadth....I just can't wait much longer....or I might pass out.

Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge with all of us.

Cristy...

Sharon is making a topsy turvy DVD? OMG..I cant wait. Those things are the bain of my existance. I had bought the buttercream, fondant and stacking DVD's, and LOVE them. I even found the bags she uses and the bubble tea straws and cant beleive I ever lived without them! I PM'd her once to ask a question, and she was so helpful and nice...she truly puts her heart into it and loves to help people.

Martina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Martina Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 10:05pm
post #33 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbak37

I PM'd her once to ask a question, and she was so helpful and nice...she truly puts her heart into it and loves to help people.

I'm so with you! She is helpful and nice and a sweetheart! Sharon rocks!

I can't wait to have "Boxes and Bows" delivered. icon_lol.gif

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 6:52pm
post #34 of 37

Oh man! My head's gunna get so big it won't fit on the Tv screen! LOL

Thank you all so very much for the wonderful reviews. It means the world to me, and joys my heart that they are really really helping you guys!

MWAH!

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 10:34pm
post #35 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddaigle

I just went to SugarShack's website (go Tigers) to look at the DVDs and I have a question. I am new at decorating and "caketarded" (stole that from another CCer) on many things, but how in the heck to you use an (diamond pattern) on a buttercream round cake? I love that look and did my first by eyeball. I thought I could figure out how to use it on fondant, but now I'm wondering about that too since the cakes I've seen don't have the impressions on the top...only the sides. Can someone explain plzzzzzz? Thanks. Deb

Geaux Tigers! I have a son at LSU now!

I show it in the DVD ( if you are visual) but you just let the BC crust good, maybe 30-45 minutes and then press the mat direclty into the side with firm pressure up and down the mat with your fingers, and rock it aorund as you turn the turntable. lift staright iff, wipe of grease, match the pattern and do it again. do not press on the last inch or 2 of the mat or u will get a line. the back pattern will almost nver match exactly.

HTH

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 10:39pm
post #36 of 37

I guess it's the matching up that I'm worried about. Especially on a round cake. Thanks Sharon.

Dinny2222 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dinny2222 Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 8:00pm
post #37 of 37

Nothing for me to add that hasn't already been said but I wanted to chime in and say I AGREE!! Great teacher can learn so very very much. Love them!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%