Metro Design Beater Blade For Kitchenaid 6-Quart Mixers

Decorating By MavericksMommy Updated 25 Jan 2009 , 7:27pm by MavericksMommy

MavericksMommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MavericksMommy Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 4:34am
post #1 of 4

This is new scraper paddle beater for the Pro 600. I was wondering has anyone purchased this? Do you like it? Why or why not? How does it do in the dishwasher? Have you found it cheaper than $29 on Amazon?
Thanks!

3 replies
TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 5:25pm
post #2 of 4

I got my Metro Design blade from Amazon. Mine is for the tilt-head mixers. I don't know if it's cheaper anywhere else, but it's a lot more expensive at the kitchen store in my area! I love it. I had a lot of cake to do right after I got it, and I normally use my KA's whip to make batter, so I tried one batch with the whip and one with the scraper blade, and the blade did a much better job. I haven't put mine in the dishwasher because I'm just used to handwashing my cake stuff, but the package says you can.

HTH,
Deanna

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 6:05pm
post #3 of 4

Love mine, just ordered a second one for my second mixer. Mixed two batches of icing the other day at the same time and you could see a BIG difference between the way the beater blade was mixing and the way the regular one was.

MavericksMommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MavericksMommy Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 7:27pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for your input, I think I'll go ahead and get one since it sounds so wonderful!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%