Chocolate Fountain

Decorating By 3boysmama Updated 25 Jan 2009 , 4:01am by 3boysmama

3boysmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3boysmama Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 11:36pm
post #1 of 4

can I use Peterson's or Merkens choc. melts in my choc fountain? I thought I had enough choc. chips for it, and my party's tomorrow. I have lots of choc. wafers... can I use those?

3 replies
melon06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melon06 Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 11:50pm
post #2 of 4

Yes, you can use Merckens coating. You may need to add some vegetable oil to make it flow. Use this ratio: 1 lb. of melted chocolate + 1 tsp. of oil. Start with 1 tsp. then add another tsp. of oil to the fountain if it isn't flowing smoothly. I hope this helps! icon_smile.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:54am
post #3 of 4

I own 5 fountains and use them for weddings all the time.

First, I would never use just regular chocolate chips for a fountain. Ever notice how those things still kinda look like choc chips when they are in a cookie that just came out of the oven? When dealing with fountains, you want a chocolate that will actually MELT.

I use the Merkens and merkens only .... microwave them 30-40 seconds at a time. Stir the crap out of it ... then another 30-40 seconds .... stir the crap out of it. I add the oil at the very end .... I've never really measured (I'm a "until it looks right" cook), but it should flow smooth and fast off of the end of a big spoon without having a lot of oil spots in it.

3boysmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3boysmama Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 4:01am
post #4 of 4

thanks so much for the help!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%