Castle Cake Price??

Decorating By klynne Updated 23 Jan 2009 , 7:36pm by imakecakes

klynne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klynne Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 12:17am
post #1 of 7

I know its probably been asked several times, but I really dont have the time to go thru al the forums,,,,sooooo,,,,,could someone please tell me what to charge for a Castle Cake made using the wiltons kit. It looks like lot of work but I dont want to over charge,,,,anyones help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!!

6 replies
j-pal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
j-pal Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 7:22pm
post #2 of 7

You're going to get various replies based on location, detail, experience and opinion!! I personally start at $200 for a 2-tiered cake. Most castles are a minimum of 2 tiers. Castles require more detail (usually) than most tiered cakes, so generally speaking, my castles start at $250 and go up from there. Quite a bit up depending on the cake.

The attached castle was using the wilton kit. It had four more "towers" to be added, but I had them boxed separately for the customer to place when they got it to their destination.
LL

imakecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imakecakes Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 7:28pm
post #3 of 7

That is one gorgeous castle!!!

BCo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCo Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 7:28pm
post #4 of 7

Those Castle cake are REALLY time consuming, more so then I imagined when I started to make one. Not difficult, just time consuming. I wouldn't do it for less then $125 at least! But probably should go higher!

BCo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCo Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 7:28pm
post #5 of 7

Those Castle cake are REALLY time consuming, more so then I imagined when I started to make one. Not difficult, just time consuming. I wouldn't do it for less then $125 at least! But probably should go higher!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 7:32pm
post #6 of 7

I charge my regular tiered per serv. price and then charge an additional $20.00 to decorate the towers plus $20.00 deposit on the towers........if they want the towers to all be edible then it is $30.00 with no deposit.

imakecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imakecakes Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 7:36pm
post #7 of 7

KHalstead, that's a good way to do it. The towers are where the extra work comes in to play...never thought of it that way, thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%