Ordering Items For Cake...

Business By SweetOccasionCakes Updated 27 Jan 2009 , 10:24pm by SweetOccasionCakes

SweetOccasionCakes Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 10:07pm
post #1 of 7

Ok, I have a cake order and the woman JUST decided on a cake topper from Wilton. The cake is due Feb. 1st! Where would be the best/quickest place to get it? TIA!

6 replies
bisbqueenb Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 10:45pm
post #2 of 7

I'd tell the client to get the topper and deliver it to you! I tell them that even if it is 6 months before the wedding. Then if there is a problem with it being out of stock etc., THEY have to deal with it and find something else to use!

kelleym Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 10:50pm
post #3 of 7

I agree, I have never provided a topper for a cake (except in the case of the Aggie Bonfire one where I made an outhouse out of popsicle sticks icon_lol.gif ). I once referred a bride to our local cake supply shop for a topper, and she purchased it there.

j-pal Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 11:09pm
post #4 of 7

I don't mess with the topper at all. I don't even want to keep up with it if the bride buys it herself. If I have weddings on the books for the next 2 years... whether I've got 20 cakes or 200 cakes on the books... I don't want the responsibility of keeping up with them all.

I've learned to tell the brides that they need to have the topper on-site when I get there. If it's there, I'll place it... if not - it's their responsibility.

Don't get me wrong ... I will often have the bride show me their topper to make sure it isn't too big for the cake, or need special support - but I do NOT keep up with it! That's just me!

indydebi Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 11:54pm
post #5 of 7

It is the bride's responsibility to provide the topper, be it ceramic, plastic, flowers - real or silk. I am not a personal shopper. I tell them to leave it on the cake table, and I'll put it on the cake when I get there.

leah_s Posted 23 Jan 2009 , 4:38am
post #6 of 7

ditto. The topper is the client's responsibility.

SweetOccasionCakes Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 10:24pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks everyone for your advice! This I will remember for NEXT time! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%