Wasc Cake Filling

Baking By mommarivera Updated 27 Jan 2009 , 11:06am by FlourPots

mommarivera Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommarivera Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 2:44am
post #1 of 13

I am making a WASC cake for Saturday and I want to put a good filling in it . What fillings go good with WASC cake??

12 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 22 Jan 2009 , 2:33pm
post #2 of 13

Here's another similar post that might be helpful:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-615742-.html

HTH

todolomio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
todolomio Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 6:06pm
post #3 of 13

Sorry for my ignorance but, What is WASC?

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 12:11am
post #4 of 13

WASC is the very popular "White Almond Sour Cream" cake.

something_sweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
something_sweet Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 12:31am
post #5 of 13

Strawberry is my favorite!

todolomio Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:31pm
post #6 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlourPots

WASC is the very popular "White Almond Sour Cream" cake.

Oh that sounds really yummy!!! Anyone willing to share the recipe?

Thanks icon_lol.gif

todolomio Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 5:55pm
post #8 of 13

thank you!

FlourPots Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 6:11pm
post #9 of 13

You're welcome icon_smile.gif .

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 6:15pm
post #10 of 13

I like using strawberry but LOVE using a thin layer of ganache to fill. Looks great torted.

ThreeDGirlie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThreeDGirlie Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 6:24pm
post #11 of 13

My favorites:

This Raspberry White Chocolate Mousse: http://www.ladycakes.com/Recipes/Fillings/Raspberry%20White%20Chocolate%20Mousse%20Filling.htm

Or Strawberry Puree. I use the following recipe and Strawberries and Grand Marnier for Raspberries and Chambord: http://cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-4143-0-Raspberry-Puree-Filling.html

asschergirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
asschergirl Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 3:45am
post #12 of 13

Hello ladies

I was wondering how you all store your WASC cakes once filled with these yummy fillings. I assume you refridgerate them once they are filled and iced. I am going to try WASC this week and due to the heightened expectations on this site, I'm expecting a lot of this cake! I a testing recipes out for my son's 1st birthday cake in April and up until now I am a stratch baker. But once I fill and frost my cakes and put them in the fridge, the texture of the cake becomes dense and I would like to keep it as light and fluffy as I can.

I have read some other cc's recommended sleeve fillings because then I can keep the cake out, but I'm not sure about the taste of these fillings.

I was planning on filling and icing the cakes and putting them in the fridge overnight and then fondant and decorating the next day which is the day of the party. Does that sound reasonable?

Thanks!

FlourPots Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 11:06am
post #13 of 13

I do refrigerate once filled.

I can't comment on the sleeved fillings since I haven't yet tried any.

Decorating the day of the party might be a little stressful. I've found that it ALWAYS takes more time than I had anticipated...something unforeseen ALWAYS slows me down.

I hope the WASC meets your expectations...when I first made it, I thought it tasted fine but not much different than regular boxed white cake, which I happen to like. I thought the addition of the almond extract was great. I did find that it baked nearly level and there were NO crumbs...a definite plus when icing.

For me, what kicked it up a notch, was putting chocolate WASC layers within the same cake as the white. If it's a 3 layer...I like 2 choc. w/ a white layer in the middle. For my football helmet (avatar photo), there were four layers total...2 choc. & 2 white, alternating. It looks great when cut, and the taste is awesome, with homemade buttercream, of course....NEVER canned!

PS...MacsMom posted a BUNCH of delicious sounding WASC variations, scroll down page 2, check them out: http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=614378&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=15

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%