Fondant Questions....

Decorating By Rhonda19 Updated 21 Jan 2009 , 2:39pm by -Tubbs

Rhonda19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rhonda19 Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 1:41pm
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone!
I have several questions that I would like to ask about Fondant. I am practicing " before " I try and take any cake orders.

I have found out that only 3 people in my area use Fondant on their wedding cakes, other than these, anyone in my area would have to travel 3 hours away to get a cake. So.... I have a couple of questions...

1. What type of Fondant do you use on your cakes. The Wilton brand doesn't taste very good. I have heard that the Satin Ice Brand is the best, but this has to be ordered and for a small decorator its not really practicable. Is there a fondant that you can make that is kind of like the Satin Ice in taste?

Thanks for all your help!!!
Rhonda

3 replies
-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 1:53pm
post #2 of 4

People rave about Michelle Foster's fondant (recipe is on this site). I made it once and didn't get on very well with it (I think I left it too long before using). Marshmallow fondant is very easy to make at home, and is fairly easy to work with. I'd suggest starting with that.
http://cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-1949-21-Marshmallow-Fondant-MMF.html
Good luck!

Rhonda19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rhonda19 Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 2:18pm
post #3 of 4

Can you tell me where Michelle Foster's fondant recipe is located at? I went to recipes and did a search for this. It can back that there was no recipe.

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 2:39pm
post #4 of 4

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%