Retro Coke Machine Cake....need Your Help

Decorating By abruntz Updated 28 Jan 2009 , 3:18am by Brontecakes

abruntz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abruntz Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 5:15pm
post #1 of 5

Ok so I have a customer who has ordered a retro coke machine cake. So I was thinking of making the cake 10 x10 and stacking the cakes on top of one another and putting fondant over the whole thing. Now where I think I am going to have a problem is the delivery of the cake, I am worried that it will fall...Any suggestions any info would be greatly appreciated.

4 replies
bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 5:32pm
post #2 of 5

Dowel it from the inside before you cover it with fondant and you should be fine. Post a pix when you're done, I can't wait to see it! icon_biggrin.gif

Acts238girl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Acts238girl Posted 21 Jan 2009 , 3:25am
post #3 of 5

Personally - I've had a lot of experience with cakes falling! I would have a base of wood, then screw a 1/2: - 1" towel from the bottom in. This way you KNOW it isn't going anywhere.
I hate transporting cakes, wish they would just pick them up themselves!

CNCS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CNCS Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:43pm
post #4 of 5

What model of coke machine?

Is it a cooler, squaretop, rounded corner, early or later model?

I've refinish machines as a hobby this got my attention.

Brontecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brontecakes Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 3:18am
post #5 of 5

By the sounds of it you'll need a fork lift. LOL It's going to be huge.

I would attach the dowel to the board also. And make sure your base board is really big which will give it more stability. I made a 4 stack beer can and didn't have a big enough base and it kept tipping. Had to be very careful. For added strength you could add some extra dowels throughout the stack. Good luck ... icon_smile.gif looking forward to seeing it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%