Buttercreaming A Cheesecake?

Decorating By TOMAY Updated 19 Jan 2009 , 8:31pm by TOMAY

TOMAY Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TOMAY Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 2:12pm
post #1 of 15

Im sure this could be done but how would it taste? I am doing an all white wedding cake that the bride wants a 10 inch cheese cake for her groom to be the third tier. I mean I love cheese cake but I am not so sure that I would eat it with buttercream on it. Have any of you done a cheesecake wedding where the cake looked like a standard wedding design? If so I would love to know techniques , design ideas special recipes ... ect. I do not want to make the whole cake in cream cheese icing because the bride specifically wants this tier to be for the groom and her.

14 replies
TOMAY Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 4:08pm
post #2 of 15

anyone ? icon_sad.gif

cvoges Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cvoges Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 4:24pm
post #3 of 15

In The Cake Bible, there is recipe for White Chocolate Cream Cheese Buttercream. The author points out that this recipe works well with cheese cake, not only complementing the flavor, but the color as well. HTH.

TOMAY Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 4:54pm
post #4 of 15

Thanks I had thought about a chocolate buttercream but I am concerned that the color would not match the standard buttercream going on the cake. The bride does not want and Ivory cake and I am scared that the colors are not going to be consistant

scrapperjade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrapperjade Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 5:57pm
post #5 of 15

I've had cheesecake at The Cheesecake Cafe (like the Cheesecake Factory) that had buttercream on it, plus a chocolate buttercream florette on top. The layer was SUPER thin, and it tasted yummy!!! I think if you don't have it too thick it will be fine! Besides, if they don't like it, they can always scrape it off, right?

SUUMEME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SUUMEME Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 6:04pm
post #6 of 15

My brother ans sis in law did exactly that for thier weddinf cake, neither like cake so they had cheese cakes frosted w/ bc and it turned out great.

dellboi2u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dellboi2u Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 6:05pm
post #7 of 15

I actually do this all the time with brides wanting a cheesecake as one of their tiers. I bake up the bottom layer with graham cracker crust, then I bake up 2 layers with no crust (use parchment paper in your pans). I use the crusting cream cheese recipe from this website inbetween the layers and to fill. I even cover with fondant and you can't even tell the difference between the cheese cake and regular cake tiers. People rave about the taste too!

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 6:10pm
post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by dellboi2u

I actually do this all the time with brides wanting a cheesecake as one of their tiers. I bake up the bottom layer with graham cracker crust, then I bake up 2 layers with no crust (use parchment paper in your pans). I use the crusting cream cheese recipe from this website inbetween the layers and to fill. I even cover with fondant and you can't even tell the difference between the cheese cake and regular cake tiers. People rave about the taste too!

Thank you SO much for posting this! I've been wanting to know exactly how to make a cheesecake wedding cake! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

abruntz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abruntz Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 6:16pm
post #9 of 15

Wow this is great to know I will keep this in mind for the next time someone wants a cheese cake......Thanks for posting!

staceyboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceyboots Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 6:17pm
post #10 of 15

Not sure if this will help...but in Toba Garett's book "The Well Decorated Cake", there is a recipe for a Chocolate Chocolate Cheesecake Cake (i think that it is what it is called) icon_confused.gif .

Essentially, the recipe is for a chocolate cake with a cheesecake layer in the middle.

Stacey

dellboi2u Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 6:17pm
post #11 of 15

No problem! I was really worried about doing this my first time!! I actually included cheesecake with the crusting creamcheese recipe for one of my cake testings... brides loved it!

bakery_chick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakery_chick Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 6:18pm
post #12 of 15

I have done this as well. I make two cheese cake with crust completely built up the side. After they have cooled I freeze them for a couple of hours. I stack them directly on top of one another. I have a graham cracker crust layer in the middle. Then I crumb coat and continue as I normally would for any cake. BTW, I use IMBC for the finish on my cakes which is fairly soft.

TOMAY Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 6:35pm
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by dellboi2u

No problem! I was really worried about doing this my first time!! I actually included cheesecake with the crusting creamcheese recipe for one of my cake testings... brides loved it!

Thank you all I will doing these cakes with Sugarshacks Icing so I hope this will work great . Do you have any pictures of any wedding cheese cakes. I guess I am just making this harder than it really is.

dellboi2u Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 7:52pm
post #14 of 15

Here are some links to some pictures with cheesecakes....
the first one, the 3rd tier is cheesecake
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1264379

the second one the bottom layer is cheesecake
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1254317

the third one the top one is cheesecake
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1270454

TOMAY Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 8:31pm
post #15 of 15

Thanks it looks like all these are covered in fondant. I may have to change the icing on her if the color difference is visable

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%