Oreo Decorating Beginner Questions

Baking By cakelass Updated 20 Jan 2009 , 1:23pm by cakelass

cakelass Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelass Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 9:58am
post #1 of 9

I was after either a tutorial or instructions on using oreos. I have read a little bit about them on CC and would be interested to learn how to do them. THey sound like they are so popular in the states. Here in Australia the cookies are but I haven't seen anything being done with them using moulds etc as discussed in the forums.
Any guidance would be appreciated. TIA

8 replies
esq1031 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
esq1031 Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 12:47pm
post #2 of 9

Check out the website, www.onestopcandle.com. This place sells the oreo molds as well as gives a tutorial on how to decorate them step by step. I highly recommend them. Their molds are the cheapest I've seen around.

HTH.
Jackie

cakelass Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 6:42pm
post #3 of 9

Thankyou Jackie, I will check it out now.

cakelass Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 6:48pm
post #4 of 9

Hello me again. I have tried finding the tutorial but cannot find on there found all the other tutorials but none on Oreos.

tujy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tujy Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 3:22am
post #5 of 9

is this what you're after?

http://www.teachsoap.com/oreos.html

i'm in aus too so this is the first time i've seen these done. looks yummy, might give these a go one day.

cakelass Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 9:55am
post #6 of 9

Yes thankyou, this is pretty straight forward. Yes I want to give these a try too. They look yummy and everyone loves oreos

esq1031 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
esq1031 Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 12:34pm
post #7 of 9

When you go to the onestopcandle website, you have to go to the chocolate making section which will lead you the embedded cookie molds. Once you get there, if you choose any one of the oreo cookie molds, it will give you an option for a tutorial on that particular mold. If you have any problems, let me know and I will try to help you more.

Jackie

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 1:03pm
post #8 of 9

Try this:
http://www.spinningleaf.com/tutorials/chocolate-covered-oreos/index.php

I've bought several molds for oreos from Spinning Leaf and they are expensive but VERY sturdy molds!

cakelass Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 1:23pm
post #9 of 9

Thankyou to all that replied. I will get cracking now to find some moulds here in Australia so I can try these. Jackie I finally found the tutorial- thankyou.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%