3 D Candy Molds

Sugar Work By MistyNV30 Updated 17 Jan 2009 , 2:37pm by Molly2

MistyNV30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MistyNV30 Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 2:09pm
post #1 of 4

I just got a few 3-D rose molds. My questions is how would you attach them together. The one I did looks well like crap. I have a lady who wants them for her daughters 16th birthday party. My other question is how would I color the chocolate black if its even possible? And the daughter wants black ones for her mothers 40th birthday party. Any help would be great. Thanks.

3 replies
mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 2:20pm
post #2 of 4

I don't know about attaching them together, but I found candy color at Hobby Lobby or Michael's with the molds and candy melts. The color that I got came in a set of four and black was included with the primary colors.

I'll be watching to see about attaching them together - I hadn't even thought about that. I'm doing a rose/daisy wedding in April and a chocolate bouquet would be fun for the shower!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 2:22pm
post #3 of 4

Make sure that you don't overfill the halves. That's really important, because you don't want any "humps" in the middle. Then either put a smear of choc on one half and slam 2 halves together, of heat one half on the side to be glued to the other, until the choc is barely melted and slam them together.

You will see a seam, even when you get good at his process, but not too much of a seam.

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 17 Jan 2009 , 2:37pm
post #4 of 4

What I do is I mold one side let it get hard and I un-mold it then I pour chocolate in the other side not full I leave a little room from the top I let it firm about 4 to 5 mins in the freezer (it still needs to look wet on top) then I lay the one that is hard on top of the unfinished on and let it harden together I hope this makes since I make three-D baby bottles like this, and I would buy the black candy color it works great good luck!

Molly

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%