Ca Cake Decorators And Surrounding Areas

Decorating By roxxxy_luvs_duff Updated 27 Jan 2009 , 5:53pm by JenniferMI

roxxxy_luvs_duff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 6:30pm
post #1 of 23

I will be hosting a gumpaste flower class with Jennifer Dontz at my home in Kerman, Ca. The dates for this class are Feb 21-22. Here is the class info. There are still spots available.

2 Day Potpourri Of Posies Class By Jennifer Dontz

This two day class will feature different but practical flowers that the brides are asking for today.. You will create the flowers from thin sheets of gumpaste and then color with dusts to give them that beautiful lifelike finish. First, the gorgeous and popular hydrangea. This flower is created by putting together aprox. 30 small blooms, easy and so impressive! Next, the spectacular dendrobium orchid spray. This flower is so lifelike, I actually have a picture of the gumpaste next to a fresh spray and you can hardly tell the difference! Other posies we will be doing are the cosmos, gardenia, tulip and alstroemeria. The alstroemeria is done with the soft method. Ive never seen a more real looking alstroemeria its just fantastic! These flowers are high quality and are sure to impress your customers!

The cost of the two day class is $250.00. I will supply all of the gumpaste and dusts to complete your flowers. There are very little supplies that are REQUIRED, but having some does help. We will share cutters and veiners if necessary. Class starts promptly at 9:00 each day and runs until 5 or 6:00, this depends on how everyone moves along. I sell all the equipment used in the class. Youll get more info on that later.

Because I need to travel to do this class, I do need at least 8 students with paid deposits to commit. A deposit of $125.00 is required and the balance of the class is due two weeks prior to class. First come, first serve, but please let me know if you are interested. I need to purchase an airline ticket as soon as possible. PLEASE do not buy your airline ticket until I let you know weve reached the minimum number of students! You are doing so at your own risk!

If you have never seen my work, please feel free to browse my website
Sugardelites.com The online store site is: wwwjenniferdontz.com

If you have any questions at all, please feel free to contact me at [email protected] OR 231-723-5774

Happy Baking! Jennifer Dontz Sugar Delites Cakes By Jennifer
LL

22 replies
cathyfowler662 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyfowler662 Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 6:51pm
post #2 of 23

We need more people to sign up. This class is a lot of fun, plus lunch is provided!!

It's a great way to meet fellow cakers in your area!!

Juliequeen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juliequeen Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 7:50pm
post #3 of 23

Oooh that sounds like fun. I wish I were closer!

cathyfowler662 Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 11:04pm
post #4 of 23

Wish you could be there too.

The last class I took in Hollister was a lot of fun, and you learn a great deal!

I'm looking forward to taking this class, too; that is, if enough people can sign up!!

nrctermite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nrctermite Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 11:30pm
post #5 of 23

Darn, I'm too far away too

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 1:38am
post #6 of 23

Sounds like your Carolina girls need a class in your area!

I'm coming south, to Alabama in October. Not sure how close that is to you. That's probably the closest this year....

Jen icon_smile.gif

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 5:30am
post #7 of 23

I don't know about Jenifer but living here in MI, right now I'm not going out of my warm house.

roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 5:34pm
post #8 of 23

Anybody??

JenniferMI Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 3:13pm
post #9 of 23

Janette -

I hear you fellow Michigander..... we got 12 inches yesterday!!!

I can quit anytime now....

Jen icon_smile.gif

Janette Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 5:05pm
post #10 of 23

Hey Roxx, If I fly out there does that mean I can stay at your house and take in some of that CA sunshine? icon_razz.gif

roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 6:58am
post #11 of 23

Of course you can Janette!!!! It almost hit 70 today icon_eek.gif

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 1:22pm
post #12 of 23

I took this class in Maryland last November. Wow! Everyone created the most beautiful flowers - I actually felt like I had talent icon_wink.gif - anybody who is able to should attend this session. Jennifer is the best GP flower instructor - you will not only learn how to make the flowers highlighted in the class but great tips / techniques you can use on other flowers.

JenniferMI Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 1:43pm
post #13 of 23

Thanks for your wonderful review snowshoe!!!!

70..... OMG..... I wanna come there NOW!!! icon_smile.gif We have about 20 inches of snow and it JUST KEEPS COMING!!!

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

aggiechef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aggiechef Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 1:58pm
post #14 of 23

Jennifer - Please come to Houston, TX sometime. I would love to take one of your classes.

P.S. - It was in the 70's here yesterday with bright sunshine.

JenniferMI Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 2:05pm
post #15 of 23

I will be in the sugarland TX area in the fall. Please e-mail me, I can give you details about that class. Or, if anyone wishes to see my 2009 class schedule, just zip me an e-mail. Hopefully, the schedule will be on my website soon.

Jennifer icon_smile.gif
[email protected]

PS - Hosting a class is EASY, too!

roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 9:28pm
post #16 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferMI

Thanks for your wonderful review snowshoe!!!!

70..... OMG..... I wanna come there NOW!!! icon_smile.gif We have about 20 inches of snow and it JUST KEEPS COMING!!!

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

i know Im crazy but that sounds like so much fun! I love the snow. I think its supposed to cool back down soon. Its nice to now have to wear a sweater for now.

Janette Posted 19 Jan 2009 , 9:32pm
post #17 of 23

I'm in the Monroe area close to the OH border, we've had about 17 inches of snow last week. And Jennifer is right, it just keeps coming.

Yesterday we had a heatwave it was over 10 degrees.

JenniferMI Posted 20 Jan 2009 , 1:35pm
post #18 of 23

The snow is beautiful....but I wish it didn't stick around as long as it does. I hear you Roxie, I love cuddling in my sweaters icon_smile.gif

Jen icon_smile.gif

cathyfowler662 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 3:07pm
post #19 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janette

Hey Roxx, If I fly out there does that mean I can stay at your house and take in some of that CA sunshine? icon_razz.gif

Janette, you can always stay at my house too!! (I let my dogs inside, unlike Roxy!)

Really everybody, this class should be a lot of fun!!

roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 11:31pm
post #20 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyfowler662

Quote:

Janette, you can always stay at my house too!! (I let my dogs inside, unlike Roxy!)

Umm and whats wrong with not letting dogs inside??? icon_lol.gif

Trevie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trevie Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 12:37am
post #21 of 23
Quote:

We need more people to sign up. This class is a lot of fun, plus lunch is provided!!

It's a great way to meet fellow cakers in your area!!

How many spots are still available?

Janette Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 1:26am
post #22 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxxy_luvs_duff

Quote:

Quote:

Umm and whats wrong with not letting dogs inside??? icon_lol.gif

Bad Mommy, Bad

JenniferMI Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 5:53pm
post #23 of 23

3 spots still available! Come join the fun!

Jen icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%