Cub Scout Cookie Ideas/help Needed...

Baking By andpotts Updated 16 Jan 2009 , 9:23pm by Honeydukes

andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 12:55am
post #1 of 5

I'm a first year Den Leader and I have been searching and searching for cub scout cookie designs, can someone PLEASE help me? I found a cookie cutter at the scout store, but I don't know how to decorate it and I can't find pictures of finished cookies anywhere! Any other design ideas would be great too, I could make squares to look like the patch, but I don't know where to start with that that either!

Here is the cookie cutter & Cub Scout emblem
LL
LL
LL

4 replies
TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 3:49am
post #2 of 5

Hmm... you can go a couple of different ways with this. If you want to simplify it, I would suggest doing the square patch until you can find a simpler image for the wolf's head. I would flood the square yellow. Then I would RI separately onto wax paper (or preferably food-safe acetate) the fleur de lis or pipe it in of you are more gusty than I am. If you RI it separately, once dry, just RI it in place. You can place a drawing of it under the wax paper/acetate to follow as a guide. You can then hand pipe the words "Cub Scouts", either leaving it as a 'square' shape or turn on point. The wolf shown is a doozy to pipe, so I could leave him off or try to RI him separately, but he looks like a bear to do! icon_lol.gif (Okay, sad attempt at a play on words). I hope this helps a bit until someone else can jump in with something better. icon_biggrin.gif

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 15 Jan 2009 , 3:02pm
post #3 of 5

Tracy's ideas are great, but here's another, depending on how many you have to do.
Cut the wolf shape. Then you could flood the cookie in white, and then apply the blue while the white is still wet. You can then use a toothpick to move the blue around to get the detail (and you wouldn't have to do all the detail, just enough to get the general idea - eyes, ears, etc) No need to do any writing then.

andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 9:19pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks you guys! I just wish I could find a finished picture of the cookie, how do you sell a cookie cutter and have no pictures of how to decorate it icon_smile.gif I think I will pick it up and give it a try and make some others with the cub scout paw print and maybe something else as well, i will share my results even though they might not be too pretty, thanks again for the suggestions. -Andrea

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 9:23pm
post #5 of 5

I would ice the wolf's head in blue in either glace or RI. Use a small star tip (#13 or 14) and pipe (med. cons.) white RI "fur." To me this would be the easiest. Just "squiggle" the tip to get a fur look, making your lines wider for the larger areas. I hope that makes sense.

You could also ice them white and use a blue marker to color in the blue areas.

Edible images are another way to go. I've not done this, but several ladies have them made up at Walmart.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%