Gumpaste???

Decorating By babycakes73 Updated 14 Jan 2009 , 4:33am by mom2rascals

babycakes73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babycakes73 Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 9:50pm
post #1 of 6

Could someone please tell me if you can mix gumpaste with MM fondant.
Is it easy to make or better to buy it and add it??
Thanks for any info.
S.K icon_confused.gif

5 replies
jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 3:41am
post #2 of 6

I'm no expert, but I would think you could mix the two. I have never made my own gumpaste, but I have used the Wilton mix several times. I would not recommend buying the pre-made Wilton stuff. The two times I've bought it, it had dried out places. Maybe someone with more knowledge will respond.

mysweetconfetions Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mysweetconfetions Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 3:53am
post #3 of 6

I have mixed both of them several times and no had any problems at all.

mysweetconfetions Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mysweetconfetions Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 3:55am
post #4 of 6

I have mixed both of them several times and no had any problems at all.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 4:05am
post #5 of 6

i teach gumpaste flowers at michaels.... the pre-made gumpaste is really nice... if a student gets a bad package... michaels exchanges it with no problem.. sometimes in any brand.... you will get a bad package.. just like sometimes you get a bad box of fondant... i don,t like the powder kind that you mix with water.... so i felt it a blessing when wilton came out with the premade.. nicholas lodge has a wonderful recipe on his site of gumpaste, etc.... i don,t like mmf.... but i believe you can mix the gumpaste half and half with mmf... when i make flowers ... i use strictly... either... premade or make nicholas lodge recipe.... hth... for me .. the satin ice brand of gumpaste is too soft... nicholas lodge premade gumpaste is ok.. but not like the recipe on line....

mom2rascals Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2rascals Posted 14 Jan 2009 , 4:33am
post #6 of 6

When would you use gumpaste vs. fondant/mmf? And why would you mix the two together? TIA

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%