1 pkg vanilla pudding
1 t salt
1 c butter
3/4 c sugar
3/4 c brown sugar
2 eggs
1 t vanilla
1 t butter flavoring
1 bag Nestle chocolate chips (there is no substitute! IMO icon_confused.gif )

I have been looking for a really good chocolate chip cookie recipe, so I can't wait to try these! Just wondering, but do these spread alot when baking? My 95 year old neighbor makes the best chocolate chip cookies that stay nice and fat and chewy and yummy! She gave me the recipe, but I just can't get them to come out like hers icon_cry.gif

The reason I use self-rising flour is because I was experimenting with ways to prevent spreading. You'll have even better luck preventing the spread if you use 1/2 c butter and 1/2 c shortening.[/quote]

Thanks! I know it's been said already, but you're the best! This is by far my favorite CC thread. It's been a huge inspiration to me, and I can't wait to try all of the recipes you've created. Thanks again!!!

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 3:40pm
post #1562 of 6536

Did I post this yet?

http://www.ladycakes.com/Recipes/Fillings/fillings.htm

I have Jana's permission to update the Google doc, so I'll start working on that this afternoon thumbs_up.gif

Rcrewof10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rcrewof10 Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 3:43pm
post #1563 of 6536

MacsMom,

I'm going to make the Rootbeer float cake but have a question, on the earlier pages you said to marble the cake w/ 1/3 white and 2/3 rootbeer. How would you do that with the batter? Am I missing something here??

Thanks for your time and help.

Michele

MacsMom Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 5:50pm
post #1564 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcrewof10

MacsMom,

I'm going to make the Rootbeer float cake but have a question, on the earlier pages you said to marble the cake w/ 1/3 white and 2/3 rootbeer. How would you do that with the batter? Am I missing something here??

Thanks for your time and help.

Michele

It makes more sense to do half and half so you don't have leftover cake (a half-recipe root beer + a half recipe vanilla), but my friends love left-over cake icon_wink.gif .

I normally make a batch of Root Beer cake and a half recipe WASC (no almond, in case that wasn't obvious). Then I pour the Root Beer batter in the pans first, and top it with the vanilla cake; swirl with a knife.

I use more Root Beer batter than vanilla to be sure the cake is predominately Root Beer, but it's fine to make it 50/50.

diporter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diporter Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 6:00pm
post #1565 of 6536

Hi! I'm new here and have been reading through this very interesting thread. It's quite informative, but I need to ask.... what is WASC?

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 6:06pm
post #1566 of 6536

WASC - White Almond Sour Cream cake

diporter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diporter Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 6:23pm
post #1567 of 6536

Thank you. I thought it was something like that, but wanted to be sure.

butternut Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 6:28pm
post #1568 of 6536

You are very welcome diporter. By the way, WELCOME to Cake Central. Look forward to getting to know ya!!!

cats242 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cats242 Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 6:33pm
post #1569 of 6536

I made White Chocolate Macadamia Nut cake the other day...it was very good! I used White Choco. Macadamia coffee creamer, white choco pudding, and macadamia nuts in the cake. And the White Choco Macadamia coffee creamer in my BC. It was good...could have used a little more of the white chocolate flavor though...will probably put melted white chocolate in the batter next time!

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 7:19pm
post #1570 of 6536

Be careful when adding white chocolate to your batter b/c it can get heavy and dense really quick! Don't ask how I know. I have wondered about dacinci syrups. I know they make a white chocolate one, but don't know how to go about adding it to the batter. Maybe for 1/2 the liquid. It would be good if they had a sugar free version, might help cut down on the dense factor and sinking

As for moist cake. I love it and how moist some have turned out, but they are my worst nightmare b/c they are more fragile. And they tend to crack or heaven forbid not hold the weight of top layers. I wonder if using the same weight of cake flour as AP (it'll give a couple more T I think) would make a difference? May do that next time and keep everything else the same

butternut Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 7:35pm
post #1571 of 6536

Torani has a white chocolate flavored syrup as well. It's called Chocolate Bianco syrup. I've used many of their flavors and they are really good. I've also used melted chocolate in my cake batters and haven't been real happy with the results. It has in fact made the cake very heavy and dense. I think I'm going to try to find the White Chocolate syrup and try that next time.

drakegore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drakegore Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 7:46pm
post #1572 of 6536

macsmom - thank you so much for the pear suggestions! we have a bunch of pear fans here who are also grateful icon_smile.gif.

i cannot find the recipe in the thread for the rootbeer float cake (i have the wasc recipe) nor in the recipe file. why can't i find this, aaargh. i am embarrassed to ask is someone could repeat it for me or point me in the right direction. i am sorry to be a pain in the behind.

malishka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
malishka Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 7:54pm
post #1573 of 6536

dandelion56602 I have been using the devinci syrups, but truthfully, it doesn't make that big of a difference. The ones that I have are sugar free.
I substitute the water with the syrup. Believe it or not, I really don't taste a difference.

Now I have started using them as a soaking syrup. I brush it on while the cake is still warm. That added a bit to the taste. Their flavor is not as strong as you think, or maybe the flavor just gets overpowered by the batter.

Does anyone else have this problem?

cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 8:26pm
post #1574 of 6536

I just took my first attempt at cherry vanilla swirl out of the oven. If it tastes half as good as it smells and looks, I'll be temporarily be calling myself ''Baking Genius''. lol.

MacsMom Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 8:35pm
post #1575 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakegore

i cannot find the recipe in the thread for the rootbeer float cake (i have the wasc recipe) nor in the recipe file. why can't i find this, aaargh. i am embarrassed to ask is someone could repeat it for me or point me in the right direction. i am sorry to be a pain in the behind.

No problem! I don't think I even listed it yet icon_razz.gif
I am getting frustrated with the google doc because it keeps sending me an error report and I have to close it and start all over again where the bug hit.

Root Beer Float *The vanilla cake is not included
2 boxes white cake mix
2 c flour
2 c sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 1/3 cup root beer
8 egg whites
1/4 oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 dram LoRann rootbeer flavor (maybe 2 drams - or add Schillings root beer extract. You'll have to taste the batter and adjust it to your liking. A little anise extract might be a good kick, too!)

pinkbox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkbox Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 8:42pm
post #1576 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by butternut

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderspritzer

I made the orange dreamsicle for the first time this morning, but the batter was really thick. A little too thick for me to be comfortable with it, so I added about 1/4 C diet sunkist soda. It thinned it out just a little, and it tastes FREAKING AWESOME!!! I never eat cake (blasphemy, I know) but it's soooo good that I don't want to give it to my husband's troops. I just wanna keep it for myself. icon_smile.gif

I'm trying this cake next. Just curious, did you make up a filling? If so, if ya don't mind my asking, what did you make up and what did you do for the icing?? icon_smile.gif

My two cents.... I made this cake and put pineapple filling.... it is freaking awesome!!!

cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 8:54pm
post #1577 of 6536

Er. I'm dumb.

I made the mousse filling just because of it being the orange dreamsicle recipe.

I don't know why I've been so excited to try it- I'm not gonna eat any of it.

noyhoward Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noyhoward Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 8:55pm
post #1578 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by nefgaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by noyhoward

Quote:
Originally Posted by butternut

Quote:

Butternut,I did an orange dreamsicle cupcakes with vanilla mousse filling and the frosting I used bettercreme.I took them to church & they were a hit.

I bet they were a hit!! I can't find the liquid bettercreme in my area, only the premade at Sam's Club. Did you whip up the bettercreme yourself or was your pre made?

I used the premade that I got from Sam's.Can't find the liquid neither.

I will be buying Sam's premade as well, can't find the liquid either. Just one question, do you know the shelf life of it? How big is the container they sell at Sam's?

TIA

It's a 15 lb bucket & the shelflife frozen is 365 days,thawed unopened product in refrigerator 21 days,thawed open product in refrigerator 14 days. I thought it was a good price for that much & I paid around $20.00 including taxes.

pinkbox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkbox Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 8:55pm
post #1579 of 6536

Now Im caught up.

The Andes mint cake was my daughters choice for her baptism yesterday... it was absolutely delicious. The right blend of chocolate to mint.

Made minted White chocolate truffle for the filling. (a few drops of creme de menthe)

My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

butternut Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 8:55pm
post #1580 of 6536

Hey, I bet the pineapple filling was good. Great idea. THanks for the suggestion.....

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 11:40pm
post #1581 of 6536
Quote:

It's a 15 lb bucket & the shelflife frozen is 365 days,thawed unopened product in refrigerator 21 days,thawed open product in refrigerator 14 days. I thought it was a good price for that much & I paid around $20.00 including taxes.

Thanks so much!!! thumbs_up.gif

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 11:42pm
post #1582 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacsMom

I am getting frustrated with the google doc because it keeps sending me an error report and I have to close it and start all over again where the bug hit.

2 boxes white cake mix
2 c flour
2 c sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 1/3 cup root beer
8 egg whites
1/4 oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 dram LoRann rootbeer flavor (maybe 2 drams - or add Schillings root beer extract. You'll have to taste the batter and adjust it to your liking. A little anise extract might be a good kick, too!)

It would also call for 2 c sour cream or yogurt, right? icon_confused.gif

shannon0407 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannon0407 Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 12:15am
post #1583 of 6536

Oh my gosh .... its going to take me DAYS to read all 107 pages! But i'll do it because I feel like a kid in a candy store.........except this is SOOOO much better!

My kids are gonna come in my room tonight and find me jumping up and down on my bed because of all the sugar i'm absorbing just reading these combos... party.gif

noyhoward Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noyhoward Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 12:30am
post #1584 of 6536

Macsmom for your Tropic Breeze cake,the filling is pineapple cheesecake.How do you make the filling?Do you do it the same way as the mock cheesecake filling & just add some pineapple extract to it?I'm thinking about making it Friday.Thanks!

MacsMom Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 12:37am
post #1585 of 6536
Quote:
Originally Posted by nefgaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacsMom

2 boxes white cake mix
2 c flour
2 c sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 1/3 cup root beer
8 egg whites
1/4 oil
2 tsp vanilla extract

It would also call for 2 c sour cream or yogurt, right? icon_confused.gif

Oh cr**, yes. icon_confused.gif

MacsMom Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 12:44am
post #1586 of 6536
Quote:

Macsmom for your Tropic Breeze cake,the filling is pineapple cheesecake.How do you make the filling?Do you do it the same way as the mock cheesecake filling & just add some pineapple extract to it?I'm thinking about making it Friday.Thanks!

I've decided to nix my mock-cheesecake filling (I took it off the google doc) because it isn't working out well. The white truffle filling would work well for cheesecake fillings, just add 1/4 to 1/2 c sweetened condensed milk to make it softer.

I add pineapple extract (preferably a dram of LoRann) and 1/2 c pineapple preserves to the cheesecake filling.

Rcrewof10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rcrewof10 Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 1:06am
post #1587 of 6536

MacsMom (and anyone who posts these gourmet recipes)

Have a question (and request)...

in your Cheesecake Lovers recipe it calls for 1 1/3 cup Italian Sweet Cream coffee creamer.... is that liquid creamer or dry creamer? I was only able to find it in the coffee isle as a dry creamer.

My request is... can you put in the recipes if it is liquid or dry creamers? I'm not always the sharpest pencil in the pencil box icon_smile.gif to figure these things out.

Thanks again for your time. I finally have all the ingredients for the Rootbeer float cake and will be attempting that this week. So far the peanut butter cake/cupcakes have been the favorite.

Michele

drakegore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drakegore Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 1:08am
post #1588 of 6536

thanks macsmom for the rootbeer float recipe! i am betting that will be a hit around here!

i am new to marbled/swirled cakes but very much want to try this one and the strawberry/lemondade one. you said:

I normally make a batch of Root Beer cake and a half recipe WASC (no almond, in case that wasn't obvious). Then I pour the Root Beer batter in the pans first, and top it with the vanilla cake; swirl with a knife.

i have a question about adding the second flavor. do you completely cover the bottom flavor with the second flavor and then swirl OR do you just drop spoonfuls of second flavor into the bottom layer and then swirl? i know this is so basic to most of you that this is embarrassing to ask icon_redface.gif

MacsMom Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 1:42am
post #1589 of 6536

I am trying to alphabetize the Google Doc
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df4f9hbq_46cs9f28fs

..and then go back and list the filling suggestions, but I am going to list the fillings separately under the cake recipes.

PLEASE look to see if your recipes are on the doc, and if not PM them to me so I can add them. icon_smile.gif

fievel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fievel Posted 24 Mar 2009 , 1:49am
post #1590 of 6536

Rcrewof10: All of the recipes we've discussed so far that call for creamer use liquid creamer. Hope that helps icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%