Backdrops For Cakes

Decorating By cylstrial Updated 12 Jan 2009 , 12:10pm by cylstrial

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 6:26pm
post #1 of 7

Hi there!

I was wondering what kind of fabric you use when you take pictures of your cakes. There are so many out there that look great..

Thanks for sharing your fabric choice with me!
Celeste

6 replies
Toptier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Toptier Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 6:42pm
post #2 of 7

I use a long piece of black butcher paper, the kind that you purchase off the large roll. It works great for most cakes and never wrinkles! I bought it from a party supply store (people use it to cover tables). I roll it up and keep it on the top of my cabinets. Makes for a really clean background. I pin it up to the wall behind the cake with pushpins.

HTH, Laurie

cylstrial Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 10:44pm
post #3 of 7

Awesome! Thanks for your help! I really appreciate it!! I never would have thought to use that!

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 11 Jan 2009 , 11:00pm
post #4 of 7

I use a plastic vinyl tablecloth that you find in the party store. I have a black one that I tape up on the wall then snap the picture and neatly fold it back when I'm done!

cylstrial Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 3:43am
post #5 of 7

Tarheelgirl -- Awesome! Thanks for sharing with me. The vinyl is pretty thick right? So it's probably pretty durable?

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 7:07am
post #6 of 7

A piece of white crushed velvet. Doesn't wrinkle and I can just wad it up.

I just cringe when I see fabric backgrounds with the wrinkle folds still there.

Even worse is when peeps take pictures of the cake in the fridge, or on the counter where there is powdered sugar everywhere and used icing bags and all kinds of equipment.

I know folks are excited about their cakes, but sheesh, take an extra five minutes and do it right!

cylstrial Posted 12 Jan 2009 , 12:10pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks Chutzpah! I will have to go and look at the crushed velvet! I really like that it doesn't wrinkle. That's the type of fabric I'm looking for!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%