Sugar Sheet From Wal-Mart, How?

Decorating By ranbel Updated 6 Jan 2009 , 6:31pm by ranbel

ranbel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ranbel Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 5:53pm
post #1 of 4

Ok, I just purchased a sugar imaged from wal-mart and I can't figure out how to get the backing off the image. I have purchased them before, but from someone different. This one does look different than the others. It is a full letter size sheet. I can't seem to peel off the backing...or is that not the right way to do it.
Has any used these type sugar sheets before.

3 replies
potatocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
potatocakes Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 6:11pm
post #2 of 4

I have used them a few times. There was one time that I just could NOT get the backing to separate from the image. I don't know if it was just a bad sheet or what, but the other times I used them they separated very easily. I even tried putting it in the freezer for a bit as I heard that would help, but no such luck. I ended up trimming it to the size of the image and just leaving the backing on, because it was starting to tear. Thankfully it was a family cake so it wasn't that big of a deal. I would have been in a panic if it were for a paid cake! If you have time, I would take it back to WalMart and have them either show you the trick to getting it off, or print a new one at no charge.

Good luck!

sewlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewlady Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 6:28pm
post #3 of 4

stick it in the frezer for 30 sec and it will peil right off

ranbel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ranbel Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 6:31pm
post #4 of 4

Thank to both of you. I did call walmart and asked them about it and they said to stick it in the freezer. I am not using it until Saturday, so I am hoping I don't have a problem. It is for family so, it it begins to tear as mentioned, then I just have to do what you did, leave the back on.

Thanks a mil.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%