A Dog 2 Cats, Turrkey And A Clown - What?

Decorating By angelcakes5 Updated 7 Jan 2009 , 11:41pm by cakebaker1978

angelcakes5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelcakes5 Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 12:45am
post #1 of 7

A husband just left he came to order a cake for his wife. ( A friend of my mom) He needs a cake for her 65th bday Saturday. He wants me to put a brown dog, 2 black cats, some turkeys and a clown on the cake. Its going to be a 8" square. What is with husbands wanting ugly cakes for their wives? How the heck am I going to do this.

6 replies
hallow3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hallow3 Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 1:02am
post #2 of 7

I would think of a scheme for this to tye it all together. Maybe the clown chasing the dog who is chasing the cats who is scaring all the turkey's away. Sounds like my mother's house who has 6 dogs, 1 cat, 2 horses, and a bunch of ducks. Total chaos and you'd have to have the humor of the clown to handle it all. Good luck icon_wink.gif

hummingbird59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hummingbird59 Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 1:21am
post #3 of 7

Did he say anything about the significance of these characters?

angelcakes5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelcakes5 Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 1:14pm
post #4 of 7

No I didnt ask. I know she has a dog and 2 cats but not sure if the turkey is a joke or something? Also she loved my clown cake that I made (I am thinking more for the grandchildren) Oh well I will have to come up with something.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 6:43pm
post #5 of 7

A circus act perhaps? The clown could be ringmaster, with the animals wearing birthday hats and those ruffled collars the clowns wear.

FeGe_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FeGe_Cakes Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 7:00pm
post #6 of 7

Seems odd..but bouncing off of 7yyrt...what about a tight rope where the clown is balancing the turkey..dog..and 2 cats.

Something else comes to mind. Sugarshack did a thanksgiving cake with a turkey..maybe you could use that for some inspiration.

Or maybe the clown is a hunter..(like an elmer fudd type)..and the dog and cats are helping him find the turkey. (crazy i know)... icon_lol.gif

cakebaker1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1978 Posted 7 Jan 2009 , 11:41pm
post #7 of 7

You HAVE to let us know what you decided to do and post pictures! Even post them to this thread so we all get a notification! I can't wait to see this crazy cake!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%