Cake Decorating Supply Business

Business By aliciahere Updated 7 Jan 2009 , 9:36pm by aliciahere

aliciahere Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciahere Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 5:37pm
post #1 of 10

Hello! I am a newbie here, and I'm looking to startup an internet Cake Decorating Supply Business - catering to Canadian Customers more specificaly (since it is tough to find a lot of these things in Canada). We are starting out small, and I was wondering if I could get some suggestions on some hard to find items that you wish your suppliers would have. We will have some basics, but a person can typicaly get basics anywhere.

I have to admit - I'm not into cake decorating, but my mil is, and she has found it very hard to find certain items (petal/luster dust, silicon moulds) in Canada, so we are working with her to develop this business.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated, thank you guys so much!

9 replies
aliciahere Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 10:09pm
post #2 of 10

Sorry about the multiple posts there everybody. I was having issues with the site, and hit refresh a few to many times. I have deleted the multiple entries.

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 4:27am
post #3 of 10

Yes please!!!

Not so much of the Wilton though. I'm sure you know Golda would be your main competitor, so look for things which they may not carry.

Large bottles of Americolor would be good - the tiny ones don't last long enough.

When I wanted to order cookie sticks in bulk, I had to get them through Country Kitchen and ended up paying a fortune in brokerage fees.

Icing sheets? Again, have to order direct from Kopycake.

I'll let you know if I think of anything else...

aliciahere Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 9:45pm
post #4 of 10

Thank you for your post! Yeah, Wiltons is everywhere, so I don't think we will carry their products. I've been reviewing the Golda site, but it's tought to determine what they don't carry by doing that icon_smile.gif

Americolor - are u talking about the soft gel paste, the airbrush colour, or the candy colours - or all? I'm assuming the soft gel paste

Icing Sheets - is this the edible photo transfer sheets?

Thank you again for this info, it really helps!

aliciahere Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 9:46pm
post #5 of 10

Deleting duplicate entry.

aliciahere Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 9:48pm
post #6 of 10

Deleting duplicate entry.

aliciahere Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 9:49pm
post #7 of 10

Deleting duplicate entry

aliciahere Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 10:26pm
post #8 of 10

Deleting duplicate entry. Don't know what's going on with these, I know I only submitted it once and didn't refresh the page - the site crashed again....maybe i'm crashing it icon_cry.gif

gerripje Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gerripje Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 10:32pm
post #9 of 10

Hello! Oh yes, please do! icon_biggrin.gif I have looked through all most everything at Golda's. I am usually looking for gum paste stuff. The McCalls site seems to be difficult for me to find things. Not many pictures since I'm not sure what I want or need, pictures would be nice. I haven't found certain types of cutters, the celboards, etc. I will take another look again, but I know I have been frustrated many times with only finding things in the U.S. stores.

aliciahere Posted 7 Jan 2009 , 9:36pm
post #10 of 10

oooo, thank you! I really appreciate these suggestions. It's going to be a month or two before we can get it up off the ground, but these posts really help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%