Sweeter Cookie?

Baking By CristyInMiami Updated 6 Jan 2009 , 12:22am by CristyInMiami

CristyInMiami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CristyInMiami Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 5:18pm
post #1 of 7

I have made the packaged Betty Crocker suagr cookies and the NFSC and I always like the packaged cookie the best. It has a sweeter butterier taste.

Does anyone know what I can do to enhance this in the NFSC or do you have a recipe thats good for decorting and tastes just as great at the BC mix?

Thanks!

6 replies
shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 9:50pm
post #2 of 7

Cristy, have you tried the cookie decorated? The RI or TG adds so much sweetness, I prefer a less sweet cookie. I know a lot of people like a buttery cookie, I'm just not a fan. I know some CCers will have lots of great recipes for you

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 10:03pm
post #3 of 7

I'm with Shiney-I find the royal soooo sweet that having a less sweet cookie is a nice counterpart to it.

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 10:15pm
post #4 of 7

I use penny's recipe for sugar cookies (basically the same thing as NFSC) and instead of almond extract I use butter flavoring. It tastes just like a butter cookie. If you are making a sugar cookie to eat plain those recipes aren't very exciting. I have a good sugar cookie recipe, I will look for it and post it for you.

scoutmamma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scoutmamma Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 10:37pm
post #5 of 7

I find that if i want a sweeter cookie that i dont intend to ice, i use the like lofthouse reicpe, and the NSFC if i plan to ice... here is the recipe for the lofthouse...

COOKIES:
1 cup butter
2 cups granulated sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 cups sour cream
5-6 cups flour (until desired consistency for rolling)

if you want the entire recipe with icing, it is at

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2303-Like-Lofthouse-iced-soft-sugar-cookies.html

Hope this helps, good luck, feel free to pm me!

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 12:00am
post #6 of 7

8 cups flour (plus some to work with)
2 eggs
2 C. sugar
2 C. cream
2/3 tsp. Salt
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
2 C. Crisco
2 tsp vanilla (or to taste)

Pre-heat oven to 350 D. In a bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside. In a mixer, mix the sugar and Crisco together until fluffy (5-10 minutes) Add eggs, cream and vanilla, mix until combined. Add the flour to the mixer about 2 cups at a time. Take the dough out and knead it till it comes together. You can roll it out and use cookie cutters or roll it into balls and flatten them a little. Bake for 8-12 minutes (depends on how you like them). This makes a lot of cookies (3-4 dz) icon_eek.gif and can easily be halved. They don't spread very much.

CristyInMiami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CristyInMiami Posted 6 Jan 2009 , 12:22am
post #7 of 7

Thanks so much for your replies. I usually cover my cookies in fondant and some RI.

But I loved the Betty Crocker ones so much! I will definitely be trying these new recipes!!!

Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%