Idea's For 50Th...

Decorating By katwomen1up Updated 3 Jan 2009 , 8:44pm by katwomen1up

katwomen1up Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katwomen1up Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 7:30pm
post #1 of 5

Okay, my 50th is next Friday and I don't know what kind of cake or design I want to do. icon_sad.gif I know I want a different flavor besides the usual yellow, marble, chocolate or white. Something I've never made before, like maybe caramel and chocolate. icon_biggrin.gif How do you do that? I use box mixes never seen caramel, what can I add? I do want some type of chocolate in there though....yum. Any ideas or suggestions? I want to do something really pretty or something fun for my 50th just not sure what. Just a double 8 inch round or 9" square I don't have that many to help eat it.
Any idea's are appreciated icon_smile.gif

TIA - Kat

4 replies
jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 7:44pm
post #2 of 5

I use box mixes also. Do DH dark chocolate, torte it and fill with caramel ice cream topping, yummy. Happy early birthday!

Jibbies

katwomen1up Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 8:07pm
post #3 of 5

Oh that does sound good, Maybe I'll make it tonight so I can try some cupcakes like that. Can never get enough chocolate...yum

babybundt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babybundt Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 8:23pm
post #4 of 5

i make a chocolate cake and fill it with a caramel filling. i then ice it with chocolate icing. i cover the sides of the cake with caramel sprinkles(found with the ice cream toppings) i then cover the top of the cake with caramel filled candies. hersherys caramel filled kisses,rolos,mini milky ways and snickers,jr. mints has a jr.caramel candy. giradeli caramel filled squares. it is always a hit. hope that helps.....................laura

katwomen1up Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 8:44pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks babybundt that sounds good too. Carmel stuff for ice cream or something different? If you don't mind sharing you can pm me for the caramel filling. I will have to look for the caramel sprinkles too. I go from caramel to rasberries don't know why just two of my favorite accents for cake. I do want to do some type of decorating though, but the caramel sprinkles for the sides might be nice. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%