Flowers On Cake

Decorating By hecteli Updated 5 Jan 2009 , 12:49am by hecteli

hecteli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hecteli Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 5:05am
post #1 of 7

what is the proper way to put fresh flowers on wedding cakes?? Can anyone help????

6 replies
Wildrose6633 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wildrose6633 Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 5:27am
post #2 of 7

There are special cake toppers you can place on the cake that have slots to arrainge the flowers in they also press down into the cake. They also have special flower tips to place a few flowers inside. They are sold at florist shops or some of the decorating websites also have them. You don't want to push the flowers directly into the cake itself.
There are many flowers that can be used on a cake there are others that are poisous so make sure which ones they are there is a list on this website. Also you can have a florist meet you at the venue and they will place the flowers on the cake for you depending on how many are to be placed on it. Of corse that costs extra but it depends on if you are good at arrainging flowers. HTH

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 3:47pm
post #3 of 7

Yeah, I arrived at a venue once where the florist was suppose to have the flower arrangements ready for me to place on a cake. I was never told what the flower was, but it was an orange calla lily - very poisionous. The florist said the bride never said anything to her but she handed me a few of them and said I could use them. I was pissed! I had to go back to my kitchen, gather up floral tape and pastry bands. I cut the pastry bands so their was a barrier between the flowers and the cake, so yeah it didn't look as nice with the plastic on it (I couldn't fully hide it), but I was not about to let someone get sick or die due to the flower choice of the bride placed on my cake!

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 12:48am
post #4 of 7

Just some advice, NEVER place stems or let someone else place stems directly into your cake - YUCK! I always try and put some sort of barrier between my flowers and the cake.

Jen icon_smile.gif

hecteli Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 1:35am
post #5 of 7

Thanks alot for ur replies. thumbs_up.gif

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 7:49pm
post #6 of 7

You can put the stems on straws..that way you can instert the flower safely in the cake.
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

hecteli Posted 5 Jan 2009 , 12:49am
post #7 of 7

straws.. Easy and cheap.. I like that idea. Never though of it though..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%