Please Help With A Fundraiser For My Son's Friend

Decorating By reesesob Updated 1 Jan 2009 , 12:12am by mixinvixen

reesesob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reesesob Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 12:23am
post #1 of 7

Hello everyone,
I am writing to you today to ask for your help in another fund raiser. This one is a little different though.

One of the kindergartners in my son's school has stage 4, Neuroblastoma cancer (a rare child hood cancer) and his father needs another kidney transplant. So a friend of mine is holding a fundraiser for the family.

There are a couple of ways that you can help.

If you live in the Boston area , there will be an event held on 2/6/08 from 6-10 PM at Anthonys in Malden (105 Canal St).
Entertainment will include:
Awesome Robb the laugh out loud magician
DJ Dancing
Wah lum Kung Fu performing a traditional lion dance
Food will be provided by:
Pisa Pizza & Bobby Cs
Tickets are $25 per adult plus one child free per ticket and $10 each additional child. If you would like to purchase tickets, Email me at [email protected] and I will get you all the information on how to get them.
Their will also be dozens and dozens of valentine themed raffles at the event.

I will be selling tickets to the 50/50 raffle. 50% going to the family, 50% going to the lucky winner! You do not have to be at the event in order to win. Tickets are sold in sets of 5 and cost $10 dollars.

Or, if you would prefer you can make a donation directly to the family. I can get you more infomation on how to do this as well.

If you would like to read more about Nicholas just go to the following link and sign up for access to his carepages.
http://www.carepages.com/carepages/NICHOLASDEFELICE

I hope you all had a fantastic holiday and that new year brings you much joy and happiness.

posted with approval from Heath and Jackie. THANK YOU!

6 replies
Cupcakeluv24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcakeluv24 Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 12:42am
post #2 of 7

reesesob this story hits home we lost a family friend at the age of 4 to Neuroblastoma, it is a awful cancer! I am going to make a donation even though I live very close (work rules my life). Thank you for helping this family! I am going to keep this Brave family in my prayers as I know its had enough with one member of a family to be sick with life threatening illnesses.

Cupcake

reesesob Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 12:52am
post #3 of 7

Cupcake, thank you, I will send you a PM

reesesob Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 8:40pm
post #4 of 7

I think I fixed the link to the carepages, you will need to make an account to view his story, but it is free to join.

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 10:17pm
post #5 of 7

thought you might want to know about a group that my husband and i are members of. we (the 501st legion) are a worldwide, fan based star wars costuming club that devotes our time and resources to creating screen accurate costumes and simultaneously raising money for charities helping children with terminal illnesses, mostly. the appeal of star wars typically brings in a lot of adults and children alike who are willing to pay $5 for a poloroid picture of them with the characters, and we donate 100% of the profits to the cause. we can also make personal appearances for sick children to brighten their day.

i know there is a group near you, and depending on the time constraints of the group (we are all volunteers), they may be able to help you out on the day of the fundraiser.

please visit the official site, and send an email request. they will forward it to the pr officer for your area, who will then respond directly to you. god bless!

www.501st.com

reesesob Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 11:19pm
post #6 of 7

Mixin,
Thanks for the info!

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 12:12am
post #7 of 7

no problem!! i hope it works out! working with make a wish, march of dimes, and st judes are our personal favorites!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%