Website Opinions

Business By lkoenig07 Updated 1 Jan 2009 , 11:18pm by summernoelle

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 10:57pm
post #31 of 32

You make cute cakes.. you should sit down and calculate what it costs to make them.. don't forget to think about the gas and time to get ingredients.. the time to make the cakes and icing and the time to clean up.. the electricity to bake.. and your time decorating. Only when you see how much it costs you to make a cake can you figure out what to charge for one. icon_smile.gif

You would need both a domain name and hosting to launch a site. Most places will have a web building template to use or you can buy a template as well. Or if you are savvy you can build one usinf Microsoft Frontpage or Adobe Dreamweaver. I like templates.. they are easy. My site is a template site from BluDomain. There is nothing wrong with going with a free site for now if that is what you want. I would recommend registering a domain name though.. this way you can keep the same web address forever. www.simplysweets.com is taken already but is available for sale (it says so when you go to the address).. it can't hurt to contact the owner and see how much they are selling it for.. probably $$$ though. www.simply--sweets.com is not taken though and if you want that for your web address I'd snatch it up.. for $10/year it's worth it. Then you can have it forward people to your free site for now. icon_smile.gif

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 11:18pm
post #32 of 32

With all due respect icon_biggrin.gif, I disagree with the "About" page. I have one on my site, and have gotten SO many compliments on it! I think it's great to tell people about yourself, and my clients enjoy it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%