Colouring White Chocolate

Decorating By Miffy Updated 30 Dec 2008 , 9:28pm by sugarshack

Miffy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Miffy Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 4:21am
post #1 of 5

Am in a bit of a pickle! I am using a chocolate mold to make tools for a cake I am in the middle of making. The problem is all the shops are shut that I need to get to and I don't know how to colour/paint the chocolate to make them look realistic. Would really appreciate some help on this one.....Might have to start making them out of fondant!!!

4 replies
sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 7:24am
post #2 of 5

DO YOU HAVE SILVER LUST DUST?

if so, you can tint the choc a light greay and then dry dust them with the silver and they will look very realstic.

Miffy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Miffy Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 8:47am
post #3 of 5

I have the silver lust dust!! What can I tint the choc with? Can I use normal food colouring/paste? I thought that might make the chocolate sieze?

cakesbykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbykitty Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 3:48pm
post #4 of 5

have a look at the pegboard tool cake i did. red chocolate melts (or tint your white with a color made for chocolate NOT cake coloring) and silver luster dust mixed with lemon extract. any questions you can pm me.icon_smile.gif

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 9:28pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miffy

I have the silver lust dust!! What can I tint the choc with? Can I use normal food colouring/paste? I thought that might make the chocolate sieze?

yesi t will make it seize. you need a little blck candy color. BUT you might be able to try a little black of the reg kind and still have the choc work. you might need to add some melted shortening to it to restore it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%