Men...grrrrrr

Decorating By Cathy26 Updated 30 Dec 2008 , 10:03pm by Doug

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 2:58am
post #61 of 87

You guys are so lucky! The neighborhoods around here are boooor-ingggg!

Ok, everyone... for the immature Tita... we will now be referring to that type of border as fondant SPHERES! icon_lol.gif

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 3:00am
post #62 of 87

LOL! STOP!!! LOL!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 3:06am
post #63 of 87

hey tinygoose .... you're not one of those "Nude" sunbathers, are ya? I'd HATE to think where you park your lounge chair in that yard!!

Melvira Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 3:12am
post #64 of 87

Hehehehehe!!! OMG... stop it Debi, you're killing me!!

Speaking of nude sunbathers... wait, were we? Oh who cares... when I was in 6th grade I lived two blocks away from the school on the other side of this wooded area. Well, it was the end of the year and our Science teacher decided to take us for a nature hike. Well, we walked past the back of my house and there is my mom, home from work on her lunch hour, sunbathing. I yell and wave to her, then realize she is naked. Oh God. 12 years old and my life is ruined. It's a good thing my mom looks like Marilyn Monroe. icon_rolleyes.gif

Ok... I couldn't stay on subject if you stapled it to my forehead. I hope OP will forgive me... I beg humbly for forgiveness... *big puppy dog eyes*

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 3:48am
post #65 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

I LUV this!! so tell me ... does the, um, appendage, actually point toward the airport? The pilots probably think it's better than a compass!!

LOL...Indydebi--How did you know? Actually I've installed lights around the perimeter so the pilots can find their way home at night too. I swear you ladies are too funny. Sure...sweet little baking God fearing women by day......Wow!

Anyway, here are some shots of the yard from the house. Regardless of how well I'm directing air traffic, the yard is nice and loaded with a ton of dwarf fruit trees; meyer lemon, varigated lemon, crab apples, cherries, columner apples, peach, nectarine, key lime, blood orange, not to mention blueberrries, strawberries, kiwi vines, grapes, roses, lavendar, a curved arbor with wisteria, and several herbs. I planted roses and grapes near the fence to attract dear down the hill. Indecent and functional what more could you ask for? icon_wink.gif
LL
LL
LL
LL

IcedTea4Me2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IcedTea4Me2 Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 3:52am
post #66 of 87

One more and then I'll be quiet. Speaking of nude... I'll never forget when my son who was, oh, probably in middle school casually mentioned one day the "naked people" that lived sort of near us (as the crow flies) through the woods. I did not realize that we had a nudist couple in the vicinity. All the kids knew it, though. icon_redface.gif

Lisa

PS Being a newbie, what's the discipline around here for straying wayyyy off the topic of cakes into the gutter?

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 3:56am
post #67 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedTea4Me2

One more and then I'll be quiet. Speaking of nude... I'll never forget when my son who was, oh, probably in middle school casually mentioned one day the "naked people" that lived sort of near us (as the crow flies) through the woods. I did not realize that we had a nudist couple in the vicinity. All the kids knew it, though. icon_redface.gif

Lisa

PS Being a newbie, what's the discipline around here for straying wayyyy off the topic of cakes into the gutter?

oh we're usually ok until just one person gets their panties in a knot! icon_rolleyes.gif

JaLa90016 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaLa90016 Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 6:04am
post #68 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Hehehehehe!!! OMG... stop it Debi, you're killing me!!

Speaking of nude sunbathers... wait, were we? Oh who cares... when I was in 6th grade I lived two blocks away from the school on the other side of this wooded area. Well, it was the end of the year and our Science teacher decided to take us for a nature hike. Well, we walked past the back of my house and there is my mom, home from work on her lunch hour, sunbathing. I yell and wave to her, then realize she is naked. Oh God. 12 years old and my life is ruined. It's a good thing my mom looks like Marilyn Monroe. icon_rolleyes.gif

Ok... I couldn't stay on subject if you stapled it to my forehead. I hope OP will forgive me... I beg humbly for forgiveness... *big puppy dog eyes*

That reminds me of my neighbor who used to sunbathe nude, on top of her rooftop.

The cake looks wonderful and so does "The Balls".

Happy New Year Everybody!!!

dmich Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmich Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 6:18am
post #69 of 87

Tinygoose, look at the poor shocked deer in that picture! You have scarred Bambi for life!

Cathy26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathy26 Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 10:26am
post #70 of 87

ROTFLMAO - loving the backyard!! the key shape is ...um....unique!!

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 12:28pm
post #71 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinygoose

Quote:

Ok, am I the only one that desperately wants to see tinygoose's back yard now??? icon_redface.gif

LOL Melvira, you are a crack up. It would have to be an aerial shot to really appreciate my design. I wonder if it raises or lowers my property value? Could you imagine seeing that on the disclosure papers?

I guess that would depend on whether, or not your yard shrinks in the winter. icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif

Mike

I also have to ask. Did you design the sprinkler system also? LOLOL icon_biggrin.gif

janebrophy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janebrophy Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 3:21pm
post #72 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1394

I also have to ask. Did you design the sprinkler system also? LOLOL icon_biggrin.gif

Hee hee! This is too much fun! You guys are hilarious! I had to show my hubby the aerial shot of the yard - he loves google earth! even he had a good chuckle!
In our area, there is a company that flies around every year to take pics of farms, and then goes door to door to sell the aerial photos...my husband gets one every other year, I think I may consider re-landscaping this year!!

Melvira Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 3:38pm
post #73 of 87

OMGOMGOMG!! Leave it to a man to think of that one!! Mike, you are welcome in ALL of my conversations!! Bwahahahahaha!!!

But seriously... that yard is gorgeous, I was just wondering if a person has to be a 'member' to 'hang' there? Hehehe. I'm sorry. I couldn't help it.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 3:44pm
post #74 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tita9499

Okay, everyone, I can no longer read the word "balls" and not think nasty thoughts!

lmao...I have the same issue tita....fun thread!...How does a pink cake looks military?..LOve the backyard..I never seen one in that shape..Good laughs!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 4:06pm
post #75 of 87

You all are too funny, I can't stop chuckling. I just had to send this to my DH at work, now I'm hoping I don't get him in trouble if anyone is in his office when he opens it. I should have called it "key" shaped somewhere in the caption.

tinygoose Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 4:19pm
post #76 of 87

I have to admit I'm becoming quite sorry I posted this.

Melvira Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 4:25pm
post #77 of 87

Oh alright. You're off the hook, I'll behave. icon_sad.gif

Tita9499 Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 4:50pm
post #78 of 87

Tinygoose: Do you really feel bad? You shouldn't, you're giving us a lot of laughs and that's always good for the soul. You're also bringing together people in a lighthearted conversation (something that's been missing on CC lately). I hope you're not really feeling bad about this.

I just want to come over now and raid all the fruit trees. I can't even get cilantro to grow in my backyard and that's a freakin' weed! I do live in the desert though, so who's to say if that's my fault. I really can't wait to move back to Puerto Rico, my DH's grandmother "plants" trees and herbs by throwing the seeds on the ground! (Seriously, I've seen her in action)

tinygoose Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 5:11pm
post #79 of 87

Sorry, a little bad I guess. I'm all for having a good laugh too (between us CCers), but I didn't think this would cause this sort of ruckas. I'm not real thrilled about people sending the pic off-site.

BTW--Tita come on over in August and you can raid the peach trees and berries, I usually am buried in them.

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 5:16pm
post #80 of 87

OMG, youg guys are killing me here. I am at my desk laughing out loud and everyone's wondering if I'm crazy...LOL, LOL, LOL this is too funny!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Melvira, you started it!!!! thumbs_up.gif can I please borrow your sense of humor??

Oh wait, my co-worker want to know why I'm laughing, icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif I'd be in trouble if I tell icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif
Oh BTW, Cathy your cake does NOT look military at all, it's beautiful!!

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 5:21pm
post #81 of 87
Quote:

I'll behave. icon_sad.gif

Ahhh, please don't!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Keep in mind that laugh is the best medicine for the heart...really!!

Melvira Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 5:30pm
post #82 of 87
Quote:

I'm not real thrilled about people sending the pic off-site.

BTW--Tita come on over in August and you can raid the peach trees and berries, I usually am buried in them.

Sorry tinygoose... I understand exactly what you mean about the picture being sent around. Kind of makes you feel strange. I'm sorry!!

But... ummmm... peach trees you say? *sigh* Is there anything like a fresh tree-ripened peach? Nope.

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 5:36pm
post #83 of 87

now I wish I would have taken a picture of my neighbor's tree. It was damaged in a wind storm last year, so as it was growing back this year, from my upstairs window, it looked just like a large "key". I had to tell them because it made me laugh every time I looked out of the window.

Tita9499 Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 5:42pm
post #84 of 87
Quote:

Sorry, a little bad I guess. I'm all for having a good laugh too (between us CCers), but I didn't think this would cause this sort of ruckas. I'm not real thrilled about people sending the pic off-site.

I didn't think about that! Hey guys, let's not send this anywhere else, this is someone's home after all. You're right about it Tinygoose, I wouldn't feel too comfortable about that either.

Ummm, peaches. PM me and let me know what state you're in, that's the deciding factor. Fresh peaches and berries for cobblers, pies and ice cream? I'd be in heaven! I used to be a manager at this ice cream shop and we made all of our ice cream on site, so we'd come up with all these different flavors and while the jalapeño, Old Bay and grape nut ice creams didn't go over too well; the fresh peach and blackberry white chocolate chip where a hit!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 5:59pm
post #85 of 87

tinygoose.......how amazing does your backyard look?? Love the idea of the bike path too, lucky kids.........where do you live?? I didn't realize there were any places in the U.s. where you could have ALL those different varieties of fruit in the same yard......so jealous......I imagine you're somewhere warm w/ the lemons and oranges! I have always wanted lemons/oranges/peach/and apple trees.........*sigh*, well, I guess I could always put a lemon tree in a pot in my house.......would that work?

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 8:49pm
post #86 of 87
Quote:

I have to admit I'm becoming quite sorry I posted this.

lies!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Edna icon_smile.gif

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 10:03pm
post #87 of 87

tapedshut.gifthumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%