How To Stensil

Decorating By sugarrose Updated 29 Dec 2008 , 10:14am by sugarrose

sugarrose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarrose Posted 28 Dec 2008 , 10:50pm
post #1 of 7

can someone tell me how to stensil on a cake -background dark colour
and the design in white. and how to make a frog bridegroom. is there any instructions where i can refer to.
thankyou beforehand if anyone can give me a tip.
it is both new to me and i want to try it out.
regards sugarrose

6 replies
katwomen1up Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katwomen1up Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 12:35am
post #2 of 7

Are you working with fondant or BC? As for the other I haven't a clue but may be able to help you once I know what you're working with.

cheftracy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheftracy Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 12:47am
post #3 of 7

You can "paint" the background with a paintbrush or a sponge then put the stencil over that and do the white when the background is dried. BTW, I have only stenciled on fondant. HTH

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 12:51am
post #4 of 7

I've stenciled in white, but I used a colored fondant for the cake.

grams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grams Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 1:03am
post #5 of 7

I love to stencil on buttercream. I just let the buttercream crust then put the stencil against the cake and smooth buttercream over the stencil with a pallette knife.
If I'm worried about the stencil edge cutting into the I put some parchment paper or typing paper between the stencil edge and the cake.

Don't know if this is helpful or answers your question. In my photos I have white lace stenciled on a lavendar cake. I have several other cakes with stencils on a white background.

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 1:13am
post #6 of 7

I don't know if this will help, but here is a link to a really cute frog Bride and Groom. http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=66558

I'm with Grams! I have stenciled with buttercream on buttercream and I thought it was easy to do with a nice result.

sugarrose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarrose Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 10:14am
post #7 of 7

thankyou so much for all the lovely answers.
i want to stensil on sugarpaste. but never done before.i am free today and want to start now. with what do you do the white. is it royal icing.
do you emboss the pattern first, if you paint the background using a paint brush?
i want to make the pattern a darker colour and the background in white.
for colours can i use colour pastes or liquid.
thanks for the frog photos. but how to is my problem.
where can i see some photos of stensils?
thanks again for the kindness in replying.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%