Projector And/or Tracer

Decorating By deetmar Updated 29 Jan 2009 , 3:22am by Monkess

deetmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deetmar Posted 26 Dec 2008 , 7:23am
post #1 of 8

Does anyone use either one of these, and if so, which would you recommend and why?

I am tired of having to pay to have pictures enlarged for my cakes, and thought with all the wonderful paper that Alan sends us, I could blow the picture up with a projector right onto his paper. Any suggestions or comments?

7 replies
cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 26 Dec 2008 , 2:28pm
post #2 of 8

I had purchased a projector during the years I had my in-home business. I had used one while working at the grocery stores and was so tickled when I could finally afford to buy my own. That was one of the best things I ever got for the bakery!!! icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif LOVED IT!!!

When I closed down and we moved, I sold the projector. icon_sad.gif I only do cakes occasionally now, but sometimes I really regret selling it! icon_cry.gif

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 26 Dec 2008 , 2:41pm
post #3 of 8

I think is awesome cause you can move faster
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 26 Dec 2008 , 2:50pm
post #4 of 8

My cake projector is the one decorating item I would never want to give up! (other than Dixie's icing). I can lay out every design exactly how I want it, from graphics to writing, and know it will fit perfectly on the cake. It's a wonderful invention!

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 26 Dec 2008 , 5:24pm
post #5 of 8

i dont know what you mean about projecting onto paper?? is that paper edible?? I have the kopykake 1000K it has 2 bulbs and although you can see the image with the room lights on i still turn them off for bolder lines to show. ive also used the 300KX (one light bulb) which works well if youre going to turn the room lights off. im always using it especially for writing on cakes.

deetmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deetmar Posted 26 Dec 2008 , 8:23pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks guys, I will have to treat myself to one.

cakesweetiecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesweetiecake Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 12:43am
post #7 of 8

I have the Kopykake projector and it sure makes things easier when doing cakes. However, I go through my spells where I do cakes on and off. I am strongly considering getting rid of mine because I just dont use it as much as I would like to. Then, I think what if I get rid of it and regret it. Uggh! LOL!

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 3:22am
post #8 of 8

How exactly doe s the KK projector work? I was on their website they have several different ones, which one do you folks use?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%