Help Coming Up With A Letter From Santa

Lounge By Someonesmommy Updated 25 Dec 2008 , 3:27am by Someonesmommy

Someonesmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Someonesmommy Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 11:51pm
post #1 of 12

My 9 yr old has been hearing at school that Santa isnt real, but he soooo wants to believe he is. We told him that he was real because there was no way that mom and dad could afford to get all thos presents for him and his 2 brothers. He said they were just saying that to make him believe in Santa. A week ago he wrote a letter to Santa but wouldnt let me read it and we mailed it to the North Pole. Well today he told my brother in law that in his letter he asked Santa to write him back so he would know that he was real.

I can't let him wake up Christmas day without a personal letter from Santa fofr him and his brothers. Im just at a loss as what to write.

What should I write?

11 replies
mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 12:19am
post #2 of 12

This is a tough one, you might want to give it up as a lost cause. I'd be worried that he wrote something in the letter that you wouldn't know and without reference to that he'd know Santa really didn't write it. Because he directly asked about it and you said he was real it might not go over well if he KNOWS you wrote the letter too.

If his brothers are younger your best bet might be to have a little talk with him about the spirit of Santa and hope that he doesn't tell them just because he's upset.

My son's kindergarten teacher wrote a very cute letter from Santa to the whole class. She read it to them right before they went to see Santa today. She had it sealed in an envelope with a postmark from Santa and everything.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 12:53am
post #3 of 12

Dear .......:

Thanks very much for your great letter. I'm sorry I can't write a longer letter back to you, but you know how busy we get this time of year! I remember when you (name a great thing he did) so I'm leaving you some really special gifts this year. Merry Christmas! .... Santa
--------------------

Nothing big ... short and sweet. He's probably to the age that he'll start figuring it out anyway.

My husband used to call his nephew and pretend to be Santa checking on him. icon_wink.gif

Someonesmommy Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 12:50pm
post #4 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Dear .......:

Thanks very much for your great letter. I'm sorry I can't write a longer letter back to you, but you know how busy we get this time of year! I remember when you (name a great thing he did) so I'm leaving you some really special gifts this year. Merry Christmas! .... Santa
--------------------

Nothing big ... short and sweet. He's probably to the age that he'll start figuring it out anyway.

My husband used to call his nephew and pretend to be Santa checking on him. icon_wink.gif

SOUNDS GREAT!! I got a neighbor to handwrite it because he would recognize DH or my handwriting. Thankfully when I went next door to ask for someone to write the letter for me the guys brother has a Santa suit and is the perfect weight with white hair and beard! I gave the guy $20 to put his suit on, and since the kids are at my MIL's right now, come over here and took a picture of him setting they're presents under the tree.

I'm gonna tell the kids before we go to bed tonight that Im gonna set my camera to take a picture when it senses motion (which it doesnt do, hope he doesnt figure that one out). Then when we get up in the morning Ill let my 9 yr old check to see if it snapped a picture of him.

I soooo hope this works. I remember how magical it use to feel when Santa would leave snowy boot prints on our porch. I'd like for them to feel the same.

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 1:44pm
post #5 of 12

Wow...what us mothers will go through to make it special! Our daughter is on the autism spectrum. She is now 12. She believed up until last year (because we said so....so it must be so) The kids at school were telling her he wasn't real, and it was causing her to fuss with these kids. So dh and I made the hard decision to tell her the truth. Let me tell you how heartbreaking it was......her dad said the kids are right Santa isn't real....she jumps up runs to me and starts sobbing! I will never forget how awful I felt that day. I did explain to her the spirit of Santa and the magic. She is still trying to figure it all out. This year she started asking questions again, and I thought great, I'll have to explain it to her again. She says to me..."mom, so your the present part of Santa, and dad is the cookie part?" hahahah.....out to the mouths of babes!!! And yes, I am the work part of Santa and DH eats the cookies. Doesn't sound very fair, does it. (I didn't tell her that part)
I hope it's a Very Merry Christmas at your house.

mbelgard Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 1:55pm
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohara

(because we said so....so it must be so) .

I wish, my kindergartener doesn't believe half of what I tell him. About anything.

When my oldest finally admited that he knew about the easter bunny and stuff he wasn't the least upset. He was 9 when he finally told me he didn't believe but I sus[ect it was well before then.

I'd be surprised if my kindergartener believes. A couple years ago they were in the car and my oldest said something about Santa and my baby who wasn't older than 4 looked at him and said "Santa's pretend." He's never said anything like that again but I can't help but wonder if he knows and just likes playing along with it.

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 1:57pm
post #7 of 12

my sister just told my nephew this year that santa is not real ... he refused to believe her and ran off to his room in a massive rage .... he is twelve ...

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 5:24pm
post #8 of 12

My boys are 6 and 8 and still believe, and I'm so glad. My niece is 8 and her Sunday School teacher told the class lst year! I would hav ebeen livid! I don't think it was her place to tell kids. My boys tell her she's crazy when she tells them he isn't real. Google Earth has a Santa tracker and they watch it all day Christmas Eve and love it. They think it's really tracking him.

mbelgard Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 5:53pm
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen1977

My niece is 8 and her Sunday School teacher told the class lst year! I would hav ebeen livid! I don't think it was her place to tell kids.

A few years ago the priest in my MIL's church did that during midnight mass. Since it was one of the two days a year when Catholics who don't go to church every Sunday the church was full of kids of all ages. It probably won't come as a shock that this is one of the many reasons that their church lost even regular attendees.

We weren't there but we heard about it from my MIL because she was pretty upset that he would do something like that.

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 6:31pm
post #10 of 12

My 7 year old believes and the 20 month old is clueless.

He told me today that he doesn't want Santa ringing his bells on the roof because they might wake him up.

SWEET! I don't have to go out in 32 degree or colder winder to bump the side of the house and ring bells this year.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 6:52pm
post #11 of 12

just remember....

yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.

and yes, this 55-year-old STILL believes

Someonesmommy Posted 25 Dec 2008 , 3:27am
post #12 of 12

Kids are in bed, cookies and milk left by the tree with an apple for rudolph, and I just sent DH to walmart to buy reindeer poop for the yard ( stinky catfish bait, but it sure looks turd like!) LOL

I had almost forgot to get it this year. Im just waiting for the little boogers to fall asleep so I can put everything under the tree and hit the sack myself!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%