Agbay Leveler

Decorating By cylstrial Updated 9 Jan 2009 , 9:32pm by dandelion56602

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 12:12am
post #1 of 13

Hi there!

Does anyone know where to order an Agbay leveler? We have been using the following website. www.agbayproducts.com and have been unable to order the leveler. We have called 3 times during business hours to order it.. and faxed 3 times during business hours as well. This is suposed to be by Christmas present from my dad..but it's not going so well.

Thanks for sharing where you got your Agbay!

12 replies
cylstrial Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 2:15am
post #2 of 13

Nobody??

Anybody have an idea? Thanks for looking and trying to help me!

2muchsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2muchsugar Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 3:01am
post #3 of 13

This is where I ordered mine. I don't think there's another way to do it unless you can find one on Ebay (unlikely, since I can't imagine anyone ever wanting to sell theirs!). I do remember that I could never get anyone on the phone when I called, but the nice lady there (sorry, can't remember her name) called me back the same day. Perhaps they're taking time off for the holidays? Keep trying though, IMO it's definitely worth it!

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 10:21am
post #4 of 13

That is the only place you can buy the Agbay. icon_smile.gif

cylstrial Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 10:39am
post #5 of 13

Ok thanks everyone! I really appreciate your help!! I'll let my dad know!

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 12:45pm
post #6 of 13

it is a family run business, and i believe they might be in the area that was hit by major ice storm last thursday (i'm not sure where in mass they are but i do know parts were hit hard) so if you have been trying to contact them since then, you might just not be able to get through. Unfortunately there are people here that still have no power and or phone service.

My suggestion is to keep trying, it is worth it.

Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 1:09pm
post #7 of 13

I just purchased my Agbay last month and trust me - it is worth the wait!! I faxed my order late on a Monday afternoon and she called me the next morning confirming my order, then called me again later that day to tell me it had shipped and that I should receive it on Saturday morning - and it was there as scheduled!

I agree with the PP that the ice storm in that area is probably affecting the phone service. Keep trying and just print out a picture of the Agbay and wrap that up to give to your dad with a note that the real one is on it's way!!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 1:29pm
post #8 of 13

As the others have said, it's a family run biz and Marlene and Tony are just the nicest people. Unfortunately that area of the country is still suffering the results of a major ice storm. When you do get your Agbay, you WILL love it.

Kay_NL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kay_NL Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 1:46pm
post #9 of 13

When you are talking to them, ensure that you don't end up with multiple levelers from sending in so many order forms! LOL!

What product do others have? I like the look of the deluxe but not sure if I would need it, and it is quite a bit more expensive than the regular leveler! This is on my wish list for some time during 2009! icon_biggrin.gif

leah_s Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 4:02pm
post #10 of 13

I have the delux because I level and torte every cake. And I like the ease of one pass and I'm done.

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 4:24pm
post #11 of 13

For those of you that have one....is it difficult to adjust the height of the blades? I only torte one layer of my cakes so i thought the single blade would be better. But for the one I do not toerte i still need to level...

And Leah..is that how you get the 4" cakes to work for the SPS? you torte and fill both layers? I am always just 1/4" short and I bet that is the difference....

Thanks

julia

leah_s Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 6:52pm
post #12 of 13

I torte (and level) so that each layer is 7/8". With filling I get a 4" tier. OK, maybe 4.something.

If you have the single blade and you're torting, you wouldn't have to change the height of the blade. You'd just make two passes.

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 9 Jan 2009 , 9:32pm
post #13 of 13

I know this topic has been dormant for a few weeks, but I have a question. I currently just bake a few cakes, but am hoping to have my business up & running by the end of the year. So, I'm wondering if I should use my Christmas money (I love people who give $ icon_smile.gif ) and get the single blade or wait until my business is going & it be a business expense? I hate the stupid Wilton leveler & have gone back to the good ole toothpick & serrated knife technique. I would love your guys input

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%