Mil Birthday Cake

Decorating By lkoenig07 Updated 19 Dec 2008 , 6:31am by tenlyk

lkoenig07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lkoenig07 Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 2:14pm
post #1 of 5

Ok, so my mother-in-law's birthday is this weekend & I'm making a small cake just for the family. Problem is I'm stuck on ideas! I was thinking something with poinsettas, but after this, I can't think of what else. Or if I should just avoid the whole Christmas thing & do something for a birthday instead. Any ideas?? Thanks

4 replies
AlamoSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlamoSweets Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 3:38pm
post #2 of 5

Just a suggestion but I would steer away from the Christmas theme. My birthday is a day or two from Thanksgiving and it was always included with the holiday. This year my husband made it totally separated with no Thanksgiving turkey or anything in site. It was wonderful!

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 2:57am
post #3 of 5

I agree. I'd go with a birthday theme of some sort. If there's not a craft or something she's into, try checking out the mother's day gallery on here. There are gorgeous cakes in there!

dmich Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmich Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 3:04am
post #4 of 5

I agree with the previous posts. Do something unrelated to Christmas. My birthday is January 6th and I appreciate when it is recognized separately from Christmas. Maybe do something related to her interests or just work around her favorite colors.

tenlyk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tenlyk Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 6:31am
post #5 of 5

I always think flowers for mothers... I suggest doing her favorite flowers in a nice piped basket that resembles her style. I did this for my MIL and she loved it. I am sure she will love anything you do for her!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%