How Should I Handle This?

Business By karateka Updated 17 Dec 2008 , 9:05pm by liapsim

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 12:14pm
post #1 of 11

I had a Bride call me and tell me she wanted to call tomorrow and talk pricing for her cake. Next day, her fiancee calls and tells me what he wants, and includes gumpaste flowers, so I tell him I need to prepare a price quote. He said he didn't have any money until Friday, and he would call me back before 2pm on Friday for the price quote.

He hasn't called. Here it is Wednesday. I gave him some extra time but now I'm wondering if I should call him back. I don't want to be pushy, but don't want him to think I don't care, either. Should I call him?

10 replies
grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 12:32pm
post #2 of 11

From what you have said , he still has two more days to contact you.... I'd wait for him to call .....

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 12:32pm
post #3 of 11

I wouldn't.

sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 12:49pm
post #4 of 11

I am assuming you mean it is now wednesday AFTER the friday he was supposed to call right? Well my guess is that maybe he doesn't have the money to pay for it. I would call him, it could be possible that they just have so much to do, he forgot. It happens. I don't see anything wrong with calling and very nicely give him the quote and see if they are still interested. If its too expensive you can give them other options.

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 5:12pm
post #5 of 11

Yes, it's Wednesday after the Friday he said he'd call. So he's actually late......the reason I'm asking is because it was the groom that I spoke to since the bride was feeling sick. I wonder if he pulled a testosterone and just forgot?

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 5:15pm
post #6 of 11

No don't call.

Wing-Ding Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wing-Ding Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 5:22pm
post #7 of 11

I wouldn't call. If he isn't going to be punctual, it's usually a sign that they'll be PITA customers.

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 5:38pm
post #8 of 11

They aren't interested. Don't call.

vickster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickster Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 8:46pm
post #9 of 11

If he's under 25, call. If he's over 25, don't call.

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 8:57pm
post #10 of 11

If you have nothing but time on your hands and are feeling nice, sure... give him a shout, however, I wouldn't go chasing him down. Perhaps they've gone another route and are too embarassed, or don't have the social skills to let you know in a courteous manner... or maybe they are just scatterbrained with everything that has to be done and have forgotten. Either way, if they want a cake, they'll call you! thumbs_up.gif You are too good to have to chase down business!!

liapsim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liapsim Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 9:05pm
post #11 of 11

Don't go chasing them down....that shows a sign that you're a "push-over". Chances are if you call them and they end up using you, they are going to probably make it tough on you.

Besides if they do end up calling you back too close to the date of wedding...you charge a little extra...hope it works out!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%