Great Idea For Cookies Or Cakes To Share

Decorating By JodieF Updated 17 Dec 2008 , 2:26pm by JodieF

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 3:55am
post #1 of 5

I ordered these Vintage postcards from Fancy Flours. They're made from edible paper and edible ink.

http://fancyflours.com/site/xdpy/sf/Edible%20Wafer%20Paper/Printed%20Designs/index.html

They were VERY easy to use and I think they look amazing. Now, I did have a snow day yesterday, so I had a lot of fun with the RI, edible sugars and glitter, luster dusts and dragees. I spent hours decorating. I've never made decorated cookies before!

They cost about a dollar a piece. You get 19 different designs in a set. I think they make awesome cookies but would also be great on cakes. They have designs for other holidays and some gorgeous patterns too!

I just wanted to share my find!

Jodie
LL

4 replies
purplebutterfly1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
purplebutterfly1234 Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 4:06am
post #2 of 5

Wow! Those turned out beautiful! Great Job!

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 4:37am
post #3 of 5

they are beautiful, love the old timey things like that. if you had an edible image printer you could make those yourself too.

deetmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deetmar Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 10:32am
post #4 of 5

Michaels has had a lot of vintage cards in their dollar bins right now. I have been buying them up, scanning them in, and plan on using them with my EI printer for cookies next year. I already have all of this years baking done.

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 2:26pm
post #5 of 5

You could scan them yourself, for sure! The wafer paper is thicker though, and not as fragile as the paper edible images come on. I did like that. These looked smoother. The RI underneath didn't have to be perfect.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%