Help With Price

Baking By india Updated 26 Dec 2008 , 5:39am by india

india Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
india Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 1:15am
post #1 of 13

Hi. I like to know for how much I can sale the ornament cupcake. I use the jumbo cupcake pan and the mini ball cake pan for make the cupcake.

12 replies
liapsim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liapsim Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 8:25pm
post #2 of 13

Sorry I can't help! I am just gonna "bump" you though!

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 4:02pm
post #3 of 13

Prices you can get for your cupcakes vary depend on where you live. In my area a jumbo cupcake with a swirl of frosting goes for $3.25, a regular for $2.25, fondant decirating add $1.00. Ornaments are very time consuming. For a large one I'd think $7 - $10 each to make it worth your while, would/could you get it?????? I am sure there are those out there they would gladly pay that but for others it would be a stretch.

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 4:16pm
post #4 of 13

So it's actually more of a cake then a cupcake , correct?
How many does it serve?

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 5:15pm
post #5 of 13

It sounds like a small cake designed to look like a large cupcake... I charge per serving, too, and in my area it's $4 to $5 per serving, "depending on the complexity of the design". So figure out how many servings each pan is designed to serve and price accordingly.

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 8:25pm
post #6 of 13

I plan on making the ornament cupcake this year only for my kids teachers and family. Next year I'll decide on a price..I figure this way I could get a feel for how much time it will actually be.

I would say for 1/2 DZ at this point I would do $15?????

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 2:44pm
post #7 of 13

Alverezmom - it took me 2 hours to frost and cover my 16 ornaments and 3 hours to decorate. That does not include baking, maybe another 2 hours (did 3 batches). I do not think that $15 ($2.50 a piece) for six is worth it, jmho.

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 2:58pm
post #8 of 13

Those little buggers are a pain in the you know what, not hard just tedious.
With that said I charge $8 per cupcake with a minimum order of 1 dozen.
I orginally thought that was a bit high but priced them according to the amount of work in each one.
I really did'nt think anyone in their right mind would pay 100$ for a dozen cupcakes ,however I have a order for 4 dozen on Sat.
So people will pay.

india Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 2:18pm
post #9 of 13

Thank.

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 7:12pm
post #10 of 13

i agree, they're not hard just very time consuming. it took me 10 hrs to do 56 ( as gifts to my DH secretaries). I have also sold some at $4 each but afterwards have decided they will be more, especially if they are decorated, if they're plain with no piping then that would be less.

melissaread Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissaread Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 1:09pm
post #11 of 13

very time consuming - i agree. i have a couple people asking me for prices, too. i made some for my mom's christmas party at work and it definitely turned out to be a bigger task than i'd planned for... so with that said, i'm thinking at least $5 base price per cupcake and a minimum order of a dozen as suggested by "yourstrulytx." just my thoughts...

luvbakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbakin Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 9:24pm
post #12 of 13

I make the ornament cupcakes with a chocolate shell on a standard size cupcake and I sell them for $5 each NO PROBLEM. I had two customers already telling me I should raise my prices. Next year I will. Also, this is an area I have a hard time getting $1.50 per slice for bc covered cake. Just as a reference point.

These are very time consuming, and I would never even think of selling them for $2.50 each.

Hope this helps.

india Posted 26 Dec 2008 , 5:39am
post #13 of 13

I sold my for $5. But the next year a will sell them for 5 if the oder at list 3 doz and 7 if they want one doz.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%