Help With Price

Baking By india Updated 26 Dec 2008 , 5:39am by india

india Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 1:15am
post #1 of 13

Hi. I like to know for how much I can sale the ornament cupcake. I use the jumbo cupcake pan and the mini ball cake pan for make the cupcake.

12 replies
liapsim Posted 17 Dec 2008 , 8:25pm
post #2 of 13

Sorry I can't help! I am just gonna "bump" you though!

cupcakemkr Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 4:02pm
post #3 of 13

Prices you can get for your cupcakes vary depend on where you live. In my area a jumbo cupcake with a swirl of frosting goes for $3.25, a regular for $2.25, fondant decirating add $1.00. Ornaments are very time consuming. For a large one I'd think $7 - $10 each to make it worth your while, would/could you get it?????? I am sure there are those out there they would gladly pay that but for others it would be a stretch.

CakeMommyTX Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 4:16pm
post #4 of 13

So it's actually more of a cake then a cupcake , correct?
How many does it serve?

MacsMom Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 5:15pm
post #5 of 13

It sounds like a small cake designed to look like a large cupcake... I charge per serving, too, and in my area it's $4 to $5 per serving, "depending on the complexity of the design". So figure out how many servings each pan is designed to serve and price accordingly.

alvarezmom Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 8:25pm
post #6 of 13

I plan on making the ornament cupcake this year only for my kids teachers and family. Next year I'll decide on a price..I figure this way I could get a feel for how much time it will actually be.

I would say for 1/2 DZ at this point I would do $15?????

cupcakemkr Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 2:44pm
post #7 of 13

Alverezmom - it took me 2 hours to frost and cover my 16 ornaments and 3 hours to decorate. That does not include baking, maybe another 2 hours (did 3 batches). I do not think that $15 ($2.50 a piece) for six is worth it, jmho.

CakeMommyTX Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 2:58pm
post #8 of 13

Those little buggers are a pain in the you know what, not hard just tedious.
With that said I charge $8 per cupcake with a minimum order of 1 dozen.
I orginally thought that was a bit high but priced them according to the amount of work in each one.
I really did'nt think anyone in their right mind would pay 100$ for a dozen cupcakes ,however I have a order for 4 dozen on Sat.
So people will pay.

india Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 2:18pm
post #9 of 13

sweetcakes Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 7:12pm
post #10 of 13

i agree, they're not hard just very time consuming. it took me 10 hrs to do 56 ( as gifts to my DH secretaries). I have also sold some at $4 each but afterwards have decided they will be more, especially if they are decorated, if they're plain with no piping then that would be less.

melissaread Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 1:09pm
post #11 of 13

very time consuming - i agree. i have a couple people asking me for prices, too. i made some for my mom's christmas party at work and it definitely turned out to be a bigger task than i'd planned for... so with that said, i'm thinking at least $5 base price per cupcake and a minimum order of a dozen as suggested by "yourstrulytx." just my thoughts...

luvbakin Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 9:24pm
post #12 of 13

I make the ornament cupcakes with a chocolate shell on a standard size cupcake and I sell them for $5 each NO PROBLEM. I had two customers already telling me I should raise my prices. Next year I will. Also, this is an area I have a hard time getting $1.50 per slice for bc covered cake. Just as a reference point.

These are very time consuming, and I would never even think of selling them for $2.50 each.

Hope this helps.

india Posted 26 Dec 2008 , 5:39am
post #13 of 13

I sold my for $5. But the next year a will sell them for 5 if the oder at list 3 doz and 7 if they want one doz.

Quote by @%username% on %date%