Cookies For A Funeral

Decorating By MicheleH Updated 4 Jan 2009 , 9:43pm by MicheleH

MicheleH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MicheleH Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 1:33am
post #1 of 8

I need some ideas! I have a customer that has ordered NFSC with Antonio's glaze icing. I do not know anything about the person whose funeral it is. I don't even know if they are for a male or female! Any suggestions of how I could decorate some cookies? TIA

7 replies
Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 15 Dec 2008 , 1:48am
post #2 of 8

Were they religious (you could find out if the funeral is at a church or from the obituary)? You could do a cross maybe?

If not religious, then flowers may be appropriate even if it is a guy. Brush embroidery flowers look elegant.

Who ordered the cookies? Maybe you could ask how to make them personal/special for that person's family?

I don't know if this helps at all. I wish you the best on this, it's a tough one.

MicheleH Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 2:35am
post #3 of 8

I really have no idea. When I took the order, I was kinda in shock at what they were for. She ordered them from me last week sometime, but they aren't due until Saturday. So, I'm wondering if it's like a memorial service for someone that passed away awhile ago? Not sure. I guess I'm going to have to call her and see what exactly she had in mind!

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 16 Dec 2008 , 2:41am
post #4 of 8

If you could do edible images, maybe a nice little poem? Or something simple like 'you will be missed'. Maybe hearts with initials in them?

I think asking is best because you could maybe get a feel for the personality of the person, and if it's a serious type funeral or more of an Irish wake type thing. For a more 'celebration of life' type service you could really do a lot more. Like fish cookies for a man who loved to fish...

Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 7:43pm
post #5 of 8

honestly
I would think that if they wanted some decorations on the cookies, they would have asked for it.
If they didn't ask for any special decoration I wouldn't put any on there.
Did you ever find out from the customer what they wanted??

ahuvas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ahuvas Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 8:07am
post #6 of 8

Maybe doves?

jett0101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jett0101 Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 7:19pm
post #7 of 8

I know its late now, but maybe an idea for next time. We are having a memorial service for my father-in-law this weekend, we are doing Angel cookies, and just decorating them to look like an, well Angel. Just an idea.

MicheleH Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 9:43pm
post #8 of 8

Thank you for all of your ideas! I guess the person had passed away the beginning of Dec, but they were having a memorial service just a few days before Christmas. I ended up just doing round cookies with white icing & "snow" dust on the top. Very simple but I think they were pleased.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%