Bake Two Flavors In The Same Pan??

Decorating By taygetta Updated 16 Sep 2013 , 9:23pm by annbls

taygetta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
taygetta Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 1:39am
post #1 of 12

I thought I remembered that you could bake two different flavors of cake in the same sheet pan...(ie: Chocolate and White Cakes) but couldn't find anything on it. Am I just crazy or lazy? I don't have time to do two seperate ones but need both flavors and HATE swirled cakes. Help? Getting ready to mix up the batter now. Thanks guys!

11 replies
fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 1:51am
post #2 of 12

I put a rolled up towel under one end to lift the pan. Pour in 1 batter remove the towel and add the other. super simple and works great !

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 1:54am
post #3 of 12

Super easy. I make all my sheet cakes this way.

Lots of CC'ers have different methods, so you'll probably get quite a few variations to pick from. (One of the great advantages of CC ... lots of different ways that work well! You just get to pick one that works best for you and run with it! thumbs_up.gif )

I mix up one flavor. I set an overturned saucer under one end of my pan and pour the batter into the lower end. I mix up the 2nd flavor. Remove the saucer and pour it into the other end. The batters will meet in the middle. They won't run together ... they will hit each other and stop. It may or may not be a perfectly straight line but that's really not important. Not one client has ever said anything about it.

taygetta Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 2:03am
post #4 of 12

Fiddlesticks and Indydebi you're my heroes!! Thanks super easy and a quick solution!

taygetta Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 2:48am
post #5 of 12

Sucess! It's in the oven right now and looks great! Though my chocolate 'hogged' the pan a little bit. Thanks ladies!

fiddlesticks Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 4:26am
post #6 of 12

taygetta.. Your welcome! have a good night!

snns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snns Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 4:50am
post #7 of 12

wow! that was new to me,.....!thanx icon_biggrin.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 4:54am
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by taygetta

Sucess! It's in the oven right now and looks great! Though my chocolate 'hogged' the pan a little bit. Thanks ladies!

Chocolate will do that! When I bake a 12x18, which takes 3 mixes, I use 2 white and 1 choc and it works out to be about half and half! thumbs_up.gif

adunfag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adunfag Posted 13 Dec 2008 , 5:00am
post #9 of 12

Wow, never knew this! This is a good example of why I LOVE this place.

snns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snns Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 5:13pm
post #10 of 12

actually how does the baking time work ..?if both flavors have 2 different baking time...Am i confused or am I in the right track...?pls clarify.

fiddlesticks Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 9:03pm
post #11 of 12

I always bake my cakes at 325. And even though one flavor might need to bake just a few mins more then the other they are just fine .

annbls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annbls Posted 16 Sep 2013 , 9:23pm
post #12 of 12

I just stumbled onto this website by accident.  My lucky day!  Thank you for the information on baking two different flavors in the same pan.  This is my first attempt so we'll see how it goes.  I will be trying it in the next few minutes.  Thank you and I'll let you know the results.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%