Help!! - Mixing Cake Batter :(

Decorating By Cocoby Updated 11 Dec 2008 , 10:05pm by KoryAK

Cocoby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cocoby Posted 11 Dec 2008 , 7:55pm
post #1 of 2

Hi! I have a question. Please HELP!!! I have to make a big cake and double the recipe ingredients for a cake on Saturday. The thing is that the original recipe says that: I have first to mix dry ingredients and almost all amount of wet ingredients at medium speed w kitchen aid for 1 and a half minutes...then finish pouring the wet ingredients ..mix 30 more seconds ...then stop the kitchen aid ....and scrape the bowl. and mix 20 seconds more w kitchen aid ...then put cake batter in pan and into the oven. In that way ..I will prevent gluten from forming ...just mixing the right amount of time. The question is that if I have to double the ingredients ...then I have to double mixing time with kitchen aid ...because there is more amount of ingredients??? Or should I stick w mixing only a minute and a half ...30 more seconds and the after I scrape ..20 more seconds?? I want to prevent gluten from forming... and have a delicious cake. HELP!!!!! icon_cry.gif

1 reply
KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 11 Dec 2008 , 10:05pm
post #2 of 2

Same amount of mixing... maybe a tad more if it doesn't look all incorporated... NOT double.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%