Kneading Mmf...(Sorry Another One)

Decorating By ape74 Updated 10 Dec 2008 , 10:04pm by ape74

ape74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ape74 Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 3:12pm
post #1 of 5

This question is regarding the kneading of mmf on a very greased wooden board. I don't have a wooden board and all of the other boards that I do have are already designated for something else. For instance, one is for cutting meat, another for veggies, another for jalapeno peppers, etc. Therefore, I don't think it would be a good idea to use those. Anyway, I think I have seen that some people knead their mmf inside a greased bowl. Is that so or am I imagining things? Can I do that? I do plan on purchasing one but I already started the process and I can't run out to buy one at this very moment. icon_sad.gif

4 replies
smbegg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smbegg Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 6:43pm
post #2 of 5

I am not sure why you would want to knead on a wooden board. I just use the countertop or a Silcone mat or a sheet of vinyl. It seems a board would move around.

HTH

Stephanie

cvigil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cvigil Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 6:49pm
post #3 of 5

What I do is clean my table really well because fondant attracts EVERYTHING! Let it dry and pop your fondant in the microwave for about 15 sec. knead right in the table or if you need to put something down use a sheet of vinyl. (greased of course)
HTH icon_smile.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 7:42pm
post #4 of 5

Yes, what's wrong with usng the countertop? That's what I've always done for kneading fondant.

ape74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ape74 Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 10:04pm
post #5 of 5

Great! I'll use countertop or table, of course very well sanitized. Thank you all for your answers! As always, very helpful and kind.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%