Mini Cake Pans

Decorating By __Jamie__ Updated 26 Jan 2009 , 2:48am by dsilvest

__Jamie__ Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 7:29pm
post #1 of 14

Anyone use these? Seems reasonably priced, and the shape is great. Recommend something else?

13 replies
Lee9 Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 7:35pm
post #2 of 14

I've never used them but they are really cute.

saberger Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 7:42pm
post #3 of 14

ooohhhhh! Me likey!! Don't know anything about them but I would consider getting them!

Kiddiekakes Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 8:32pm
post #4 of 14

They are cute but a pain in the butt to ice or cover in fondant..Only upside....You don't have to bake the layers one at a time!!

dmich Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 8:40pm
post #5 of 14

Oh, please don't show me anything else I might want to spend money on! icon_rolleyes.gif

sweeteecakes Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 9:08pm
post #6 of 14

Oooo...something else to add to my inventory!

confectionaryperfection Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 4:49am
post #7 of 14

i have a bunch of these. they are a pain in the ass!!! it is hard to get them out in one piece and a pain to ice.

__Jamie__ Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 2:53pm
post #8 of 14

Oh yeah? Thanks for the tip. I wasn't hard up to try minicakes, but thought it might be fun??? to, guess not!

jammjenks Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 6:49pm
post #9 of 14

I have this:

I have had no problems baking or getting them out of the pan. However, the PPs are correct that they are a bear to ice. I did these over the weekend using it.

...and here are pictures from CC that looks like this pan (or something similar) was used:

I hope all these links work. I'm not as good as JanH!

__Jamie__ Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 6:52pm
post #10 of 14

Awww....cute little baby cakes. Thanks for the links! Might give this a try sometime. I hear that MagicLine pans are pretty much the standard go-tos for any pan you would need. Gotta get me some!

mamacc Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 8:23pm
post #11 of 14

Yeah...I would think that those would be impossible to ice. I'd do fondant if I had to do those.

I would think it's much easier to cut and ice the cakes individually. I recently did 80 mini 2 tiered cakes at my PT job....boy that took a while. icon_smile.gif

saberger Posted 11 Dec 2008 , 2:40am
post #12 of 14

All of my min cakes were individually iced and stacked and let me tell you it is a pain in the tushy! I would definitely be interested in trying one which is already stacked. I actually just bought the one that you mentioned jammjenks. Since I don't have time to try it, I lent it to a friend of mine. I can't wait to give it a go though.

cakedout Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 9:12pm
post #13 of 14

OK, so I have one of these pans I bought at an ICES convention years ago..I think it was almost a prototype from some south american decorator icon_confused.gif

ANYWHO....tried to make some recently. Failed miserably.

Granted, these are a pain in the rump..but anyone have some sort of trick to getting these little devils iced to look half decent?

dsilvest Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 2:48am
post #14 of 14

Don't bother spending the money.
Bake a sheet cake and cut your own layers using recycled tin cans.
Use a 4", 3" and a 2" can with the rim cut off.
You can get 3 1/2 tiny cakes out of a 9x12 sheet cake.
They are very easy to decorate and are very inexpensive to make.

Quote by @%username% on %date%