Onesie Cakes

Decorating By Reganlynn Updated 12 Dec 2008 , 3:01pm by Reganlynn

Reganlynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reganlynn Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 3:51pm
post #1 of 7

Hello,

I am making my first onesie cake this weekend. Does anyone know what people use for the snaps on the bottom of the onesie. I have seen some really realistic ones on here and have no idea what people use. Any suggestions would be very helpful!!

Thank You!!

6 replies
sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 8:33pm
post #2 of 7

You can use real snaps just let the customer know so they can take them off.

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 4:03pm
post #3 of 7

roll out a piece of fondant thinly, cover it will a piece of plastic wrap then cut out small circles using a tip, the plastic wrap will round off the edges, you can cut out the middle if you like. i wouldn;t use real ones, too risky.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 4:14pm
post #4 of 7

I normally just pipe a buttercream circle using a round tip. If you want it silver, you could do as the PP suggested and paint them using silver luster dust.

yellobutterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yellobutterfly Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 4:56pm
post #5 of 7

for mine I made circles out of royal icing, let them crust then flattened them with my fingertip, let dry then placed on cake.

sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 6:46pm
post #6 of 7

i agree with sweetcakes on making it out of fondant. i definately would not use real buttons. i personally don't like anything on a cake that isn't edible.

Reganlynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reganlynn Posted 12 Dec 2008 , 3:01pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks everyone!! I think I'll go with the idea of doing them in fondant and then painting them silver! I'd be afraid someone would swallow one of the real ones. Thanks so much!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%